Thread: Meego on Intel Atom takes less Boot time?

Meego on Intel Atom takes less Boot time?

I am thinking of building a simple GUI application in qt4.7 and for that I would want that the application run smoothly on the Intel Atom N450 processor that is what I am having on my system. I have chosen this board because it contains one of the best Embedded Options and even powerful enough to handle whatever that has been integrated into the board, but the problem is that I am looking to get the boot time as low as possible, so that I can get the operation completed as early as possible, therefore I would want to ask all of you that whether Meego a really good option to choose or not. Guys please do reply, as I am very curious to get the operation done quickly.

Re: Meego on Intel Atom takes less Boot time?

According to me, this Meego will take at the most 13 seconds to boot as it does take the same on mine, so if you want you can go for this option without any problem as such. But if you are looking for even faster boot loading option than I would suggest you to go for solid-state drive that will really have a good boot time and that you can even get the system loaded in just 5 to 6 seconds. However one problem is that it is really very costly and requires allot of energy to make it run smoothly. So its totally up to you which of the device you would want to select for your application.

Well I don’t think so that the Intel Atom will support the Meego to get a low boot time so I would like to suggest you to drop the idea of creating the application that will have a Meego operating system on your system with Intel Atom processor. This will not go hand in hand with the Meego as it is mostly designed to handle all the other operating system other than Meego. The Meego will usually go smoothly with the AMD or the ARM processor which will usually have the best potential so as to handle all the linux based application and so you will get less boot time from there.

I have tried installing the Meego on my system which is having the Intel Atom processor and although I did manage to get the installation successful on my system, but the problem is that I am getting a very slow boot time, it is taking more than 20 seconds. So is there any way such that I can get the boot time lowered to at least 10 seconds, I have done a lot of hardwork in creating the application so I would not want that my harwork goes in vain, so please some one help me to get rid of this problem as early as possible.

I think that the best you can so is that you can edit the application that you have created in the sense that you will get the boot time as low as possible, because I think that the problem is lying itself in the application that you can get the boot time to reduce as much as you want. I think that the application is surely creating the problem of the boot time and that is why your system is taking allot of time to start so if can edit the application in some or the other way then I think it will surely help you in booting qt a quick speed.