Thread: Is Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 compatible with OCZ DDR2

Is Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 compatible with OCZ DDR2

Actually recently I want to upgrade my system and regarding this I just want purchased Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard. And so in addition to that I have OCZ DDR2 ram and which is to be précised I contain OCZ3G2000LV6GK. And the thing is that I have 12GB of ram over here. When I attempt to go along with this I have seen that the system really is not able to steady here. Is there actually something that I am able to attempt? I have seen that the system here is much unstable. Is it actually likely here? Please let me acquainted with if there is no matter which that can be done here. Any help in the matter will be respected.

Re: Is Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 compatible with OCZ DDR2

Here regarding this I will recommend you to please make sure the ram here and then seek to go along with this. I have seen that this STICK of RAM is for Intel Core i5. On Core i5 you can obtain triple channel mode working here. So if you have the Core i5 then you will enjoy the 6GB in triple channel mode or else you are getting trouble here. It is not like that you can’t enjoy this but the simply thing is that you will be requiring to have is processor of that quality. In addition to that you will have to run MEMTEST as well here.

You have inquired for the 12 GB and let me inform you that in your case it is actually not achievable. I have read the condition and I have seen that this will just work when they are utilized on Core i5 or core i7 and that too it can function in the appropriate manner when the RAM sticks will be of 6GB and not more than this. So if at all you are expecting to get 12GB then I would say that it is actually not possible here. Hope that you understood here.

I also desire to attempt this and regarding this I want to tell you that before making my post in this case I had to run Memtest and I had seen that every RAM passed the test when they were installed in the single way. Even they pass Memtest when they were joint in the group of two and three but when I went to go through the bunch of SIX I saw that it could not pass this test there. And whatever reason you have given over here I am not convinced with that; I am confident that you all here will let me acquainted with the way by which I can obtain this thing working in some manner.

Well regarding this issue my suggestion is that if you desire to attempt you have to try to run MEMTEST and see if you are able to pass this test here. And also attempt to make the pairs and then RUN consequently. And in this I will suggest you to make sure with the single sticks of RAM and if that passes then you are able to go along with pairs and then in the group of three. If you will obtain this running then you are able to go along with the six GB and finally go for the 12 GB. Run the test and then let me acquainted with if you were capable to get this working here. This is really the first step that you have to go with and if you are successful then only you will be capable to have this working in your case.

Well speaking frankly as per the specifications that have been mentioned below. I have seen that it is not possible and hence you might be getting the Memtest failed here. Actually the case if that there is much more load on the memory controller and hence you are getting the 6GB working but when it comes to 12 GB you are not able to get the things working. You will be required to have a little more memory voltage. Please while doing this make sure that you do not make the system unstable. Please ask some of your friends in this. Please let me get notified about the same. Also let me tell you that the RAM stick OCZ DDR2 is compatible with the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 but some restrictions as mentioned in the above posts.