Thread: Does Intel drops price of i7 Sandy Bridge processor

Does Intel drops price of i7 Sandy Bridge processor

Right now I am considering building a new PC for my brother as well as for other home usage. I have chosen the i5 760 processor in my list. However I want to install an i7 Sandy Bridge processor on that computer but it is out of my budget range. Is there any possibility of dropping this Sandy Bridge i7 processor? If not is there any compatible and little cheaper processor which has the similar performance and the power more or less?

Re: Does Intel drops price of i7 Sandy Bridge processor

As far as I know there is no new about dropping price of Sandy Bridge processors. But one thing is sure that the Sandy Bridge processors are surely going to replace other top-end models. The Intel might drop their price when the AMD release their processors which are much equal to Sandy Bridge processors. So I think that you just need to hang around till that.

If you are looking forward for an update and considering moving towards Sandy Bridge processors then do not change the mind now. Do go for any other alternative choice. Just go for Sandy Bridge no matter how much it is gonna cost you. I am telling this because the Intel has promised that these are mainly developed to improve computing power and performance much more than other available processors. In future they might gonna replace all the existing processor. So go now so that you need to get a chance for future update very soon.

As we have been seeing from the several past years the Intel didn’t drop their processor’s price much even after the release of one year. So I think there will be no chance of dropping in price until the next several months or may be the years. Also AMD has recently announced that they are going to release Bulldozer processors in this year which are going to compete Intel’s SB processor. I think that even after the AMD release only the price may go to drop slightly. Because the AMD processors are comparatively cheaper than Intel’s one.

Processors similar to the Q6600, i7-920 and the rest might go downward like $10, and after that they essentially begin going up. Costs are going to be reliant on performance, therefore if they let go a Sandy Bridge that's much slower than the i7-950, in that case the i7-950 may not going to go down in cost. That was presently an instance incidentally. The 6 core i7's will at rest seize the performance coronet in excess of Sandy Bridge in anticipation next few months.