Thread: Compatibility between Core 2 Extreme qx9650 processor and MSI P6N SLI motherboard

Compatibility between Core 2 Extreme qx9650 processor and MSI P6N SLI motherboard

My main query is the Intel qx9650 yorkfeild CPU compatible with the MSI P6N SLI platinum motherboard? When I looked into the manual that came along with the motherboard it describes that it is compatible but the MSI website says that it is not compatible. Following installing windows xp pro 64 bit I cannot able to go online. When I tried to install MSI driver it tells me that the drivers are not compatible. So what should I need to do now?

Re: Compatibility between Core 2 Extreme qx9650 processor and MSI P6N SLI motherboard

The 64-bit Windows XP (not like 32-bit Windows XP) is frequently not well-supported by way of drivers, etc. Attempt downloading as well as burning a CD of the newest Ubuntu edition, after that booting from that CD. Ubuntu will now load like a "live" edition, playing off the CD, exclusive of altering your HDD. If that works fine and permits you to right to use the internet, you can exclude a hardware issue; likewise, if you contain a duplicate copy of 32-bit Windows XP you will be able to install, and stuffs work by means of that, you'll recognize it's not a hardware problem.

Re: Compatibility between Core 2 Extreme qx9650 processor and MSI P6N SLI motherboard

You are telling that the manual describe the QX9650 will work on your motherboard. My question is do they essentially identify the QX9650 or just converse concerning 1333MHz processors? Not each and every one 1333MHz FSB processors are the equal. Searching next to the MSI website, it seems similar to the higher-power 45nm processors, counting the qx9650, absolutely will not work with that motherboard. Seeing as the 650i-chipset-based motherboards are not top-end models, my presumption is simply that the power circuitry isn't strong as much as necessary for the advanced processors.

When I looked into the one supporting related websites I found that not all the processors will work with your motherboard. As I can see there are only 5 versions of Core 2 Extreme QX9650. Out of those 5 only 3 processors are not compatible with your motherboard but the other two versions are well matched for that.

As far as I know the 1333MHz FSB processor will not work in your motherboard however only the 333MHz FSB are compatible with your motherboard. Have checked the processor or driver’s in other higher or lower version of Windows operating system. Why do you need that processor other than this there are number of additional high end processors which will work perfectly on your motherboard. Just try them.