Thread: HAF-X case can harm your motherboard

HAF-X case can harm your motherboard

I need to share some problem that I am facing with the CoolerMaster HAF-X case. It looks like HAF-X cases comprise problem to burn mobo otherwise firewire chip on it. I felt same concern. My motherboard is Asus P7P55D-E, Corsair 850W TX and that has HAF-X case. The issue is that the Firewire chip is blazed on second power on. On initial power on I did not bond LED illumination intended for front vent therefore LED was turned off. Once I turn off PC and joined LED light that is there on my subsequent power on I have burned with the help of Firewire chipset. Is there anyone else who experience the same? If yes then give your idea about that.

Re: HAF-X case can harm your motherboard

I know the reason for this issue because I have also faced the similar problem with that. I disassemble face panel and it is able to be seen "design flaw" otherwise "assembly flaw" on top of our HAF-X case. Red wire which goes to LED switch have conked out isolation for the reason that sharp pins that is coming from the face panel motherboard on which face firewire is attached. I mean that when face firewire is attached to motherboard and when LED switch is on then the LED switch wire openly getting in contact with one pointed pin as of firewire front connector and there we encompass small circuit that is reasoning the firewire chipset burnout from the motherboard.

Cooler Master is supposed to wrap the charge of your Motherboard. That is inopportune. Cooler Master should put back your Case in addition. You should RMA your case also otherwise such predicament ill not arrive at cooler master. You should check whether the motherboard that you are using is under the warranty period? If that is the case then you should acquire an RMA. Anyway, thank you for giving out this probable peril on HAF-X case.

I am a big fan of cooler master cases an always prefer that but I don’t know that why you are getting problem with that. But anyway, nobody is perfect. If you are facing any problem with that then you should cooler master support and ask for the issue out there. I am quite sure that they will resolve the problem for you. And if that is under warranty period then they will repair it for free and if that is not possible then they will return a new one or return your money for that.

I newly purchased the HAF X 942 in preparation for assembling a new-fangled computer. Subsequent to reading this thread I got anxious and take away the front panel to obtain a look. That has put in a section of plastic sandwiched between the front panel and wires for the peak buttons. So it seems like they exposed this was a problem and have solved it. Now there is no get in touch with the LED wire and front panel pins as you told. I have a doubt that if they had a lot of issues with this and determined to solve it of if Stile's case was just a fault and they not recalled including the separator. I expect that they has gotten the whole thing organized. As I have not assembled my computer up till now, optimistically there are not short circuits within the case.