Thread: Bulldozer is in am3+ socket

Bulldozer is in am3+ socket

As hot chips there have been a lot of latest announcements regarding bulldozer however the major one i was interested in was that bulldozer will be in a latest socket (AM3+ maby) as well as this socket will still support old AM3 cpu . I have establish more than a few positions that situation amd thought it would, however it does not appear all over the place wondered if anybody knew whatever thing on this subject? Please tell me.

Re: Bulldozer is in am3+ socket

as I recognize the latest motherboard with am3+ socket will maintain the am3 plus am2 cpu however the bus speed on the am2 cpu will be reduce to 1000 Mhz fit in am3+ soket except if u place the am2 or am2+ cpu into socket am3+ or quickly later am4 the bus speed as well drops to 1000Mhz as the am2 cpu place in am3 socket they entire will well-matched. Please be observing the entire am2, am2+, plus am3 not even am3+ or am4 socket.

the entire the CPU athlon X2 , athlon II, Phenom 2 X2 X4 X6 or 12 CPU they all have the similar pins so they will fit up to AM4 socket the entire compatible except the merely difference is the bus speed will reduce if am2 cpu place in am3, am3+ as well as AM4 socket. In addition to am3 CPU fits am3+ socket the bus speed is well however if am3 CPU fits AM4 socket the bus speed will be reduce.AM2 processors do not support DDR-3 so my estimate is they will not effort in an AM3+ motherboard.

AM2 CPUs simply have a DDR2 memory controller where AM2+ as well as AM3 has both DDR2 plus DDR3. However it does not give details why BD won’t be capable to effort in a AM3 motherboard. If I were to estimate, I would state that it is most likely the layout of the pins. AM3+ and BD almost certainly have a bit dissimilar layout that is simply in AM3+. It is approximately like with a few Intel chipsets that could merely support the 65nm Core 2 supported CPUs as the 45nm had a bit dissimilar pin layout while the additional new Intel chipsets could sustain both. However that is just a guess.

Simple, conroe/penryn was now a tweaked p6 manner that glue by means of p4's quad data pump bus/bandwidth + a few observe/instruction supports that is all. Their output operation were not had any dissimilarity as they are still need a bus control north bridge as well as dedicate pcie controller plus memory controller. As latest bulldozer will integrate north bridge which older chipset will not support bd because of it.