Thread: Is intel core i5 2500K worth for gaming?

Is intel core i5 2500K worth for gaming?

I am planning to buy a good gaming processor for myself. So just wanted to know can a intel core i5 2500k be a good gaming processor.since the gaming process is mostly concentrated on the gpu. So I am thinking of going with the 6850 gpu for the games. So do you think this specification would be sufficient or am I missing something? I need your valuable inputs on this. Since this is the first time I am trying this. Do get back to me with your valuable inputs.

Re: Is intel core i5 2500K worth for gaming?

My personal opinion would be to go with the amd 955 processor and also at the same time go with the 6950 gpu. I think this would be a perfect combination. Since the processor is very well known for the gaming and also at the same time the gpu will deliver you a good performance. If you want you can later flash the gpu to 6970gpu. I think so in gaming what matters Is the graphics and also the speed to match the graphics. So I think this would be the deadly combination. You can have a look at this combination.

I think intel core i5 is a good processor for gaming. There is nothing bad about the processor. The only thing that is bothering me is why are you going with the 6850 dpu. You can try something else supported by a good graphic cards. Graphic cards of nvidia 5 series would be a great option as of now. So you can have a look at such option. Since it definitely sounds good to me. If your budget is still high then I would advice you to go with any of the quad core processors from the intel. This would definitely improve the experience of the gaming.

Looking at tall these posts I am surprised that nobody is talking about getting a good motherboard for them. everybody are keen on talking about the gpu and the graphic cards. The main thing they forget is that without the performance of the system all the graphics if of no use. If a particular game has good graphics quality but very bad processing speed it will definitely not help. So first do have a look on the purchase of a good motherboard, then the processor that you have suggested is perfect but the gpu need to be upgraded. So I hope this suggestion help you.

I have decided the specification for my gaming system. I have done some changes in terms of the processors. Well I have decided to go with the phenom 955 processor supported by the asus crosshair formula iii motherboard. Upon that I have got a good 4GB ram and also the 6950 gpu. i also have tried overclocking my system and I was happy with the performance the speed touches upto 3.6 GHz. For this specifications I have done some research in the internet. I felt phenom processor would be quite cheaper than the Intel i5. So accordingly decided against it. Anyways thanks for the necessary suggestions.