Thread: Which is the best amongst Bulldozer vs Nehalem

Which is the best amongst Bulldozer vs Nehalem

I will be purchasing a new processor within a day or two. But am confused between the Bulldozer and the Nahalem processor so please tell me which processor should I buy want to purchase the best CPU. which is the best processor in terms of performance. I am a very simple kind of person not a tech guy so please help me.....

Re: Which is the best amongst Bulldozer vs Nehalem

As far as i know Nehalem is the codename of a process already integrated with a Memory Controller. Even these processors will be used for for servers The platform also come with a corresponding main Chipset will be the largest part of the new architecture, according to the report: new Northbridge and Southbridge chips allow processors access main memory faster through point-to QuickPath architecture -point, instead of through the front side bus, four PCI Express slots will be able to run the bandwidth of 8X for systems with multiple video cards, CrossFireX, AMD will be supported from the beginning and use extra cards to accelerate 3D on one screen, with the possible addition of NVIDIA SLI cards GeForce.

The combination of improved chip design and Intel's new motherboard chipsets could improve performance between 15 and 20 percent in the same clock speed, with Nehalem variants faster than their predecessors despite having the same speed clock. It is unclear whether speed grades will be limited to the main lines of Intel Core 2 Extreme and Core 2 Quad, although the semiconductor firm has previously said he would focus on Xeon and other chips for high-end consumer at the end of 2008, versions for the average user to be placed in early 2009. The current Xeon have a top speed of 3.2GHz, but use a previous architecture.

Nehalem will be 8-core 50% faster than the Core i7 950 and discontinued, and that recent Phenom Black Edition II X6 1100T AMD's own. This information is as secure from Donanim Haber, an official document of AMD itself and is of relevance should be noted that a Core i7 950 has 4 cores, so this 50% performance increase has to be taken with that fact in mind. Let's wait to see more evidence and especially the final price of the next AMD processors, because if the price comes could be a great asset for the company.

AMD is expected especially in the areas of rendering and games have a strong performance gain, so that the bulldozer-processor total as much as 50% should be faster than the Core i7 950th But beware, these are only "internal estimates" from AMD. Only the "real" benchmarks will show whether the new Bulldozer CPUs are actually as fast as expected from AMD or suspected. but AMD's own documents would reveal what the new AMD CPUs expected. An 8-core Bulldozer, the clock is not specified, however, is with the 3.06 GHz Intel Core i7 950 and the AMD Athlon X6 1100T compared with 3.3 GHz.