Thread: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Compatibility

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Compatibility

I'm doing an upgrade on my PC and changing AM2 + to AM3, I just bought the motherboard Asus Crosshair Formula IV. I wonder what hairless DDR3 will run with this motherboard? I ask this because I do not want to the risk with incompatibility. I can spend up to 400 and I'm leaning more to GSKILL Ripjaws or VIPER PATRIOT II, but of course that I have friends of the forum to give me more suggestions (options) on this subject.

Re: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Compatibility

I'm running with these two memory XMS3 Corsair DDR3 1600MHz Pc12800 runs smoothly without any sort of problem. Any DDR3 is compatible with it, even those of 2200MHz, but the maximum frequency that they will work is 1600MHz.
    I'd get a good memory with a 1600MHz CL7 and put it in 1333 and reduce further the LC, 6 as an example. The Phenom does not take advantage of memory over 1333MHz, so it's not a good idea to use them to 1600MHz.

S i have planned to bought my memory and Phenom X4 965. Friend, tell me one thing. When I buy this memory I will have to configure it to operate in the 1600 Setup, or i simply need to put it there that will not need to touch anything? If touching the setup of a help I will need his or Leo4B, or someone who can move better than me. If you know of a tutorial over on this board can send in that I will thank you.

Friend its easy, just go to the option of overclocking memory, usually DRAM Clock and puts DDR3-1600, I hope this will help you so, but when you get the desired clock speed simply keep track of the temperature as well as the whole setup so that you can notice if you go wrong somewhere. if the setup works perfectly then just try it atleast one hour after setting the clock speed and monitor it before setting it.

ASUS I have never had any doubt in view of the number of returns sav I return (even on high-end cards), Gigabyte is a horror(its only my opinion). So therefore if you want a motherboard with very good quality that intelligently manages your crossfire and your whole system, and an easy and stable overclocking Asus Crosshair takes the 4 (power management better managed by asus). You will not be disappointed, especially since the package from Asus is great provided.

Well, new bios for this board, VERSION 1102, is supposed to have better compatibility with new buses, or have prepared for the 95W, I am not very clear. Anyway, have fixed the compatibility problem with my memories, I can finally put the 1600Mhz with cycle 7 (now I have to 1667Mhz and CL7). So I think that ASUS Crosshair IV formula is a good device since most of the devices are compatible with it.