Thread: RAM not showing correctly

RAM not showing correctly

From first day when I bring new pc at home I am facing this problem. Last week I assemble a new pc with EVGA X58 SLI LE motherboard and INTELs i-series processor that is core i5. With a high resolution graphic card along with 9 GB ram. I noticed that even though I install 9 GB ram. It shows only half it is used by system. I really don’t know is this ant hardware issue or a software issue. I really want to fix this problem as early as possible. Help me to get rid of this.

Re: RAM not showing correctly

I hope this won’t be a major issue. I also faced same kind of problems. I am going to share its solution with you. Simply do to device manager. There you will find an option called hardware and peripherals. Simply click on your computers name and there is an option called scan and plug to remotely find and attaching device. Repeat this step two to three times. It will definitely solve your problem associated with ram. It is an simplest step to diagnose the problems associated with hardware peripherals and all that. If you ever come across problems like that always try to resolve your problem starting from device manager.

I am not sure. It might be issue associated with voltage. I suggest you to check your voltage level; normally it must be in the range if 1.65. Check it first if you noticed that it is not within the particular range than fix it to desired level and keep all the remaining things as they are. If this solves your problem than I am guaranteed that it is a frequency problem. And to avoid this problem in future turn that option into auto. After turning it to auto if it functions properly then your problem is solved and there is nothing to do too much with your hardware peripherals. If after turning it to auto still you faced similar kind of problem than I suggest you to go with another option.

First tell me is there any built-in graphics that you installed on your machine. If they are than their might be possibility that some of them using your system memory as its video memory. And in this case their might e additional graphics which are using your ram memory for their functionality. Here is possibility of having high MB graphics adapter which are using your ram memory. If it is possible try to know the size of graphics adapter is used by your machine and try to add that much memory inside your system. I know this is not an feasible solution but you can try this one to check exactly what wrong about your system.

If all the option regarding changing settings and all that not capable to solve your problem, than there is only last option remaining that is check all hardware peripherals physically. Simply open your case and check whether ram is neatly placed in his respective slot or not. Remove it and after cleaning it with eraser place it right back to his previous position. Also try this procedure with other slots if they are available. If still there is a same issue than I suggest you to check your machine using another ram chips. If still the same problem exists than don’t try to do too much on your motherboard. It might be the problem related to motherboards slots and needs to replace entire motherboard.