Thread: ASRock P67 Extreme6 PCI-E x1 Concern / P67 Motherboard option

ASRock P67 Extreme6 PCI-E x1 Concern / P67 Motherboard option

I am looking at improvement to a sandy bridge i5 2500k or i7 2600k in the upcoming week so that is why I am trying to choose a motherboard. I require a crossfire board along with 2 slots. In which I run crossfire 6870s with Accelero Xtreme Coolers. However, I also require a PCI-E x1 slot easy to get for my Xonar Essence STX. So in this currently I am looking for these three models
    • Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 6500rs
    • ASUS P8P67 PRO 7200rs
    • ASRock P67 Extreme6 5800rs

So please help me in order to get me rid from this issue. I will be thankful for this.

Re: ASRock P67 Extreme6 PCI-E x1 Concern / P67 Motherboard option

According to me the ASRock is the most excellent prepared for the larger cooling, onboard switches, 16Phase power etc - though I am to some extent reserved with ASRock as a company, as overclocking which is a big factor for this purchase. And I also trust in Gigabyte but that model has reasonable cooling and has not enthused to the new graphical BIOS, and the ASUS here is quite overpriced for its specification. So I have explained you my opinion over here and I hope this will help you in order to get idea from this.

It is sensible to compare price vs performance. If routine gained in extreme6 vs 4 is better than cost dissimilarity then that is a good decision. And related to this I also looked at that Asus pro motherboard. It is an opportunity but so far these asrock boards come into view which has a better punch for price and they are owned by Asus. I will wait for a day or two longer to observe any reviews. And regarding this I got one review on to the different forum site but in that they have given good explanation but in that I did not have extreme6 in the comparisons. So if anybody has any comparison on extreme6 then tell me here also.

Now I decided against the ASrock extreme6 for the reason that I am sure for my sound card which would clash with the heatsink in its top pcie-x1 and the additional would be enclosed by my gpus, as would be the case along with the evo/deluxe asus and above. Also the Asrocks are not in reserve for awhile and required to offload my x4 965 and secondhand previous to their price drops which I think it is because of the sandy release. I did not grab the ud4 for the reason that gigabyte has not moved to the original bios and reviews showed the Asus running cooler and overclocking higher. Fundamentally I think I got the most excellent board at present obtainable in Aus that fits 2x 3 slot gpus and my pci-e x1 essence stx. So please help me what to do in order to fix this issue.

I thought the same about sound card clearance. My Creative X-Fi Fatality titanium fit after I removed the heat shield that was held in place by a soft adhesive. I also removed 1 bottom screw that helps hold the sound card housing, removing screw did not affect the housing at all. Sound card rest close to cooling fins, but is fully functional. This board is better bang for buck than Fatality version, ex. dual lan lines, x8-x8 pci-e slots, etc. Running 4.4ghz. with no problems

My temps are down, running 6950 crossfired (6970 bios), 2500k 4.4 ghz. even with sound card gpu temps never get over 50-55 degrees 40- 50% fanspeed while playing Black Ops everything on high. Antec 900 case.

Related to this recently I have 1 gpu, may obtain a second in the close to future. The onboard sound should do presently fine. I have a number of good logitech speakers and will also make use of the coaxial out maybe the optical if I am able to free up a spot on my receiver. Mostly video working for me but will dive into a bit of gaming as I have a PC able. I currently have a single core 2.2 MHz AMD from 6 yrs ago with 2gb ddr1 ram! So I'm obviously outdated. So I hope this will help you.