Thread: Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R Shutdown continuously after booting

Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R Shutdown continuously after booting

I have a very annoying difficulty that I am not capable to solve this relevant problem of continues shut down. I have Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R MB motherboard, the processor of Intel i7 920 , the powersupply of Corsair TX750 PS , OCZ Vertex SSD with the operating system of Win 7 64Bit , and the Graphic card of ATI Radeon HD5770 850M 16MB. Yesterday when I switch on the PC it boots up fine and loads directly into the OS and then subsequently up to 2-5 minutes it immediately shuts down (it never reboot just turns off). If I try to boot into safe mode way and without networking it never do it. If I delete the video driver as well as boot up with normal VGA it also doesn't do it. I loaded the most recent ATI driver setup Catalyst 10.7 and it does it whole time. I also change the graphic card to different slots but yet it performs the same way. I also got one more of the exact similar graphic card but nothing happens. It is brand new SMPS and all I got is the MB, video card, and DVD drive hooked to it. So I think that there is an issue with my Motherboard since I have tried to change the whole thing except for Motherboard. Please give me some advice?

Re: Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R Shutdown continuously after booting

It looks to me that you can eliminate the graphic card as a problem, and ignore "defective psu" for a instant. Check the BIOS and be convinced it is using the accurate setting for your memory. You be capable of downloading the CPUID's CPU-z because this will obviously show what set is once booted up. Heat as well as memory can be verified. Delete the graphic driver as well as "play" in VGA manner running Prime95 as well as examining cpu temperatures through CPUID's Hardware Monitor (together are software downloads). If Prime95 works for an hour on every 8 cores, you can be logically sure it’s not heat or memory related. If that work properly then okay, reinstall the drivers, run through single stick of RAM (try each stick, regardless of achievement with Prime95). Try two sticks, subsequently three, trying to recognize if counting more memory to the motherboard causes the problem. (Try the other set of slots if you have them - I didn't look up your motherboard.)

When you capable of boot up as well as run a system for a small period of time, and afterward it shut down, or reboots, then assume either a heat connected problem or the SMPS. You can verify the Motherboard as well as CPU temperatures by going through POST, as well as <del> into the system setup. Select the computer Health sheet where you can monitor the system as well as CPU temp that all fans are spinning, and the Vcore, DDR voltage, 3.3 volt, 5 volt, and 12 volt readings. Spend 15 min examining the numbers for several changes. Although the CPU as well as graphic card is not using power at this end, if whichever of the voltages vary or go down that is almost certainly your answer. When a system boots up as well as runs, then shuts down, for all time think PSU. You haven't associated your PSU specifications, but organizing this system through a 920 chipset and a 5770 graphic card, you will require a strapping PSU, greater than 500 Watts. Also verify the PSU fan to be sure by spinning to remove heat from the PSU.

I have an approximately the same configuration with the matching problem. It may be a compatibility issue. I have changed the 750tx SMPS with an additional 750tx SMPS borrowed from my friend with no accomplishment. I have replaced the hard drives as well as the video cards which my friend have (with an nvidia card the operating system will not entirely loading.) and memory. There are 750tx as well as GA-x58a-ud3r systems so there have to be more to this. Should I try some brand of SMPS to get rid this problem or anything else so please reply me on this post what to do here on?

Yeah I has a similar kind of problem a month before I had an Antec 500 SPMS and always give me the same problem like you have before so I changed it to an Antec 650 and now my system is up and stable. I had previously tried an additional Corsair 750TX as well as had the same instability, that's why I suppose there may be a compatibility problem in your system. I don't believe it’s a problem with the brand just the compatibility with this motherboard. It doesn't appear to affect many configurations. Go figure out properly.

Hey Guys,
    Don't know if this is your problem but it worked for me. Cpu used to boot up 3 or 4 times before windows started up. Did everything on the net ,nothing. took it to 2 cpu shops , told thats just the way it is, nothing. Got pissed checked over cpu 1 more time and found my top video card back fan was stuck on the top of my second video card. tried to seperate by adgusting cards not enough room so put a broken match inbetween them and bingo no boot up problem. Obviously was creating and overload and cpu kept shutting it down, hope this helps.