Thread: AMD Phenom II X4 945 does not work at 3.0Ghz speed

AMD Phenom II X4 945 does not work at 3.0Ghz speed

It gives me a great pleasure to type in your forum. I have an issue with my AMD Athlon processor. Hey, I recently upgraded to AMD Phenom II X4 945 which was previous AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ and instead of working at 3.0ghz like its expected to, it remains at 803.7mhz. I tried to do a lot of hanges and modifications as going into the bios to modify the multiplier and and make changes in the clock speed it seems to do completely nothing... Please help to get rid of this issue as I am not able to work in my intended speed .

Re: AMD Phenom II X4 945 does not work at 3.0Ghz speed

I too have a Zotac Geforce 460gtx 1gb along with that 4gb DDR2 800 RAM , I work on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit , as far as the motherboard is concerned Windows ASUS M2N-E Motherboard . What I can suggest you is make our system suitable to your motherboard requirement , what you can do is you can disable cool and quiet in BIOS. I am also having a doubt that the BIOS you have installed , Please make sure the above mentioned things are there and then you can revert back for the same.

You should posses the Bios Phenom IIX4 945 (HDX945FBK4DGI processor and it should be updated . Not certain which one you posses . after doing a rigorous research "Due to Bios ROM size restriction take away LAN PXE ROM and modify Crashfree3 to Crashfree" Hope that makes sense to you . My first suggestion though is to substitute that cpu with one that's on the cpu support record that asus put out for your motherboard.

Well I seem I do not observe it on the the BIOS you had mentioned or recommended o r I give , which seem like the similar one of course. I followed the method from you post and at the base of all that I came to know that . "When part numbers are not provided by motherboard makers , we use finest guess move towards to conclude part numbers based on the model of the CPU, frequency and characteristic. In some scenarios our supposition may be wrong or unfinished. Please for all time confirm part numbers before committing to purchase the CPU."

There is one question have you will have to download and install the CPU-z and OCCT .When you run cpu-z it will inform you what your present core voltage is, (must be amid 0.875-1.5V). And once you click on occt.exe it will inform you what your core temps are, ( all must be below 62'C). After you write those numbers down reboot your system and go into bios. I do not know how is your BIOS or otherwise I would have instructed how you can do this .

But almost certainly on the same page as the multiplayer that you have been fiddling with you must see vcore and it must counterpart real close to the figure from cpu-z you noted down as core voltage. When you discover that arrow to it and select the plus sign on the keyboard on one occasion or two times and it will go up a bit . Reboot your computer. When it starts up the first step you must do is run the OCCT, and verify on your core temps.

I have the same problem with my ASUS m2n sli deluxe,
    and Phenom II X4 955 .
    I solved it temporarily with phenom msr tweaker ,
    because there is no bios support yet, and the bios is still beta.
    I even can't use wireless keyboard to-get into bios only, after the system boots up, wireless keyboard works fine.
    Phenom msr tweaker will do the job, but you'll have to read instructions how to do it...