Thread: What does EVO mean?

What does EVO mean?

I would like to tell you that EVO is nothing but the accepted word that is used in names of several customer products. While you would require ask to ASUS marketing to acquire an actual answer for this. I am not sure about this but this stands for "evolution". I do not believe it is a short form for a number of fresh technology. A rapid search of a few contraction properties may hold up this. I establish a meaning for EVO = Electronic Variable Orifice that is used through General Motors. Possibly Asus has new orifice newly to the P67 board?

Re: What does EVO mean?

I consider that the EVO which you are talking about is the label for marketing. This is similar to the Mitsubishi EVO where EVO stands for the Evolution. This is indicating the height of features as well as presentation inside a model or chipset product contribution. This is the only thing that I can tell you right now about this. I hope that you will get more describing definition for this. Thank you.

I am not very sure about the term EVO but I can say that it is somehow related to the auto tuning overclocking processor that is there in the board. If we talk about the Asus M4A87TD and the M4A87TD-EVO then this seems to be little odd because both of them contain the "ASUS Hybrid Processor TurboV EVO" through Turbo Unlocker, TurboV, Turbo Key as well as CPU Level UP. But one of them only got the label of EVO.

As you told that you are going to buy a new Asus motherboard then my suggestion to you is to ask this question directly to the dealer form where you are going to purchase that. I am sure that you will get the perfect answer for this from them. They will be able to make you understand this in a good manner. And yes, one more thing that do not forget to post it over here if you got the perfect answer.