Thread: Can I overclock EVGA 780i?

Can I overclock EVGA 780i?

Well I have Motherboard from EVGA and it is 780i. Well I have seen that on the EVGA 680i the Motherboard can be overclocked. Now I have seen the new one in this i series and I was thinking that it is having an edge to the previous model. Now the only thing that I want to ask about this Motherboard is that can I overclock this so that it can function in a lot more better manner. I have seen that after overclocking the EVGA 680i a remarkable improvement in the working of the Motherboard was observed. Can you all please let me know if overclocking EVGA 780i will function in a better manner? Also please let me know if there are going to be some sort of problem with this. Hope that you all will come with the solution soon.

Re: Can I overclock EVGA 780i?

Well no doubt that this is the advanced version of the EVGA 680i and if you know how to overclock then you will be able to have a sound performance for this motherboard there. You can definitely go with the overclocking and let me tell you that you will really do not have to suffer a lot with t his. All you will be required to do is follow the same procedure that you need to do to Overclock the EVGA 680i as about 90 percent of the things are same. You will be required to see for some of the voltage settings and CPU frequency so as to match the scenario of yours. Just follow this and let me know if you were successful. Please while going with this make sure that you satisfy all the things that you need for overclocking.

Good point to let a overclocker to see here. Voltage is the key point that one has to look so that the things do not go in the wrong way. Well here is the thing because of which I am pointing out the point here. If you are thinking that you can follow the things for the EVGA 680i then you will really have to see for the Voltage. Since every single CPU is different and hence different amounts of voltage will be required for different CPU so that it can get Stable. You will be required to see for the voltage on the trial basis. See which voltage sits best for you case. Exactly I do not know what can be the Voltage that I can specify but I think that you will be required to make use of the trial and error method. Hope that you will find the post descriptive.

If you are looking for overclocking the Motherboard and that too for the EVGA 780i then here are the steps that you all can go with. Just see the steps below and let me know if what I have said will really work for you. First and the foremost criteria that you will be required to fulfill is the ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES. You will be required to enter the ADVANCED CHIPSET FEATURES and then you will be required to make the changes there so that the things can go in your way. You will be required to see for this PCIe x16_3 and set the value to 100mhz and then see for SPP-MCP REF CLOCK and see if you can have 200mhz value for it. You will be required to see for the Voltage on your own. Please start with the rising value and see that you do not end up in frying your CPU there. IN the CPU CONFIG section if you will enter then if you want you can disable this option LIMIT CPUID MAX VAL there. Set INTEL SPEED STEP to auto. In addition to all this please make sure that you have the CPU FSB set to 1.3 and I really do not think that this value should be raised. Hope that this will bring the things for you in a well manner. EXIT the BIOS and then see if you can save the things there.

Well if you are looking for overclocking then let me tell you that always with this you have risk for the system and hence it will be great if you can have a look for those there. If all the things are done in the perfect manner then you will be able to see the processor running in a stable manner. But if the things are not set in a well manner then there are chances that it may totally destroy a processor. It may happen that the processor will not boot at the superior speed. If not that then it may happen that it may not be compatible with new speed. There are many other drawbacks of the Overclock. It may also result in System Instability, Data Loss and the worst and the new one Electromigration. In Electromigration the internal components in the processor may smash because of the Overclocking.