Thread: Asus V-M4A88TD EVO problem with QFan

Asus V-M4A88TD EVO problem with QFan

Today I bought a new motherboard for my HTPC Asus EVO/USB3 M4A88TD-V. Fitted throughout with an AMD Athlon X2 545 Callisto with a voltage of 1.065 prime stable, 4GB G. Skill DDR3 16000 MHz ECO, Asus EAH5430 and 6TB is memory space. The board itself is great and it runs just fine. Now I have only the problem that the fans down regulate QFan not they run on 83% which is quite loud and annoying. After a bios update I have again and Cool 'n Quit QFan activated but unfortunately there's nothing and I do not know anymore or have forgotten what an attitude I so that it controls the fan controlled temperature. I do not know what is causing this issue but need know the solution for this thing.

Re: Asus V-M4A88TD EVO problem with QFan

How much hot is your CPU, if the temperature of you CPU is too high then it is natural your cpu fan runs at high speed to cool down your system. Because of that there will be noise, one more thing which case ventilation do you have? Other reasons for this kind of issue can be that your CPU is activated at a Quad Core. You must have ACC in the BIOS and set that thing to auto. If you run the CPU only when Dual Core, Athlon X2 would be a lot wiser for the HTPC. I hope that you are getting what I am trying to convey, try these things and I am sure that will definitely help you to resolve the issues.

The temperatures are all in the green area at about 22grad in idle. As housing 2 92er fans are Noctua (front) and 2 80 requited (back) are used. And the 4 fans are more than adequate for cooling. The whole system ran so well in advance with almost silently QFan only now that the new motherboard is because it does not work anymore. I have done following settingsCPU Q-Fan Function = enabled, CPU Fan Speed Low Limit = 500, Q CPU fan = silent mode (Standard / Turbo / Silent), Chassis Q-Fan Function = enabled, Chassis Fan Speed Low Limit = 500 and Chassis Q-Fan Function = silent (Standard / Turbo / Silent)

I have the same board and exactly the same problem. The board has both the CPU fan and two case fans (both 3 pin, no PWM), will still be running at 100%, no matter what I set in bios (CNQ and fan control enabled in the BIOS). Even this manual control does not work with min and max with the Min temp as well max temperature. Speed did not help. Have forced it uses the low-noise adapter that came with the fans. But on a solution to the problem I would be interested. I mean to say that I am also waiting for this solution. If any one of you has experienced the same thing then do share your experience.