Thread: EVGA Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

EVGA Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

I have gone through a lot of BIOS , but just came to know about the UEFI Bios , I have also heard that it is going to be introduced in the EVGA motherboard , is it true , please tell if it is , also tell me how this sort of BIOS are distinct from the normal BIOS , how it works and are those bios multi-paged , I am waiting for the response.

Re: EVGA Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

In the start, there was BIOS (I suppose reader knows what BIOS is). Back in previous times, processors were working in 16-bit mode, and RAM ‘ architecture was restricted to 1 megabyte. As the development went onward, came 32-bit, and afterward 64-bit x86 CPUs, quantity of RAM was rising, and new customs of accessing it came into existence. But BIOS remained same. This circumstances was far from perfect, since BIOS code was very limited, and therefore these UEFI BIOS came into existence.

The actual EFI specification was developed by Intel. Since 2005 growth of the EFI requirement stopped in support of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), which was evolved from EFI 1.10. The UEFI specification is being evolved by the Unified EFI Forum, an industry-wide association. UEFI is not controlled to any particular processor structural design, and can run on top of or instead of conventional BIOS implementations.

If talked about the support about the Windows Vista favors UEFI booting since Service Pack 1 version, but only in 64-bit version. That implies it needs systemboard with UEFI 2.x implementation, which are very difficult to get in these days . At present only systemboards with UEFI 2.x implementation are Intel boards, but when I tried to install Vista on one of the boards, it came out with an issue of lack of some ACPI support.