Thread: 790i Ultra hangs before booting

790i Ultra hangs before booting

I will tell you my system configuration and then tell you my issue , I had Windows Vista x64 , the motherboard in my system which I newly purchased is EVGA nForce 790i Ultra , and Intel Q9450 VIDMax , if talked about the RAM , I have 2 RAM sticks of Corsair and a cabinet of Antec= 1.20 . I had purchased it a few days back , also I had changed my operating system and installed Winodows 7 in the place of Windows Vista operating system , please give me the valid suggestion if you have any , how I can get rid of this issue as early as you can , I am waiting for the response . Thank you in advance

Re: 790i Ultra hangs before booting

Hello. I have had my processor overclocked to 3.2 GHz for more than a few months now. All stress tests (OCCT, etc...) are well and the system is 100% steady; I do not get any blue screen or anything. However, it quite often hangs instantly on boot from also a cold boot or a reboot. It almost certainly does this 30-40% of the time. A more specific explanation is that I switch it on and everything spins up to maximum RPM and it hangs beeping, and complete POST as it should usually do. The only way out of this condition is to power cycle the system . Sometimes this happens two times in a line. When it does come up well again, it does so in safe mode with no loading the BIOS settings .I always make it was a oddity in the motherboard but I determined to read carefully this forum and see if anybody had any ideas.

Something new application you have installed is slowly perishing. While it stucks you must be getting a a post code. Please post back that POST code , so that I can isolate properly what exactly the issue is and then provide the exact solution for you , but looking at your issue it seems that it is 25 since you s you had said that you did not into safe mode after you had rebooted the system , but still I want to confirm it , so please revert back and gather the requested information .

Something new application you have installed is slowly perishing. While it stucks you must be getting a post code. Please post back that POST code , so that I can isolate properly what exactly the issue is and then provide the exact solution for you , but looking at your issue it seems that it is 25 since you s you had said that you did not into safe mode after you had rebooted the system , but still I want to confirm it , so please revert back and gather the requested information .

There is no code or anything at all displayed on the screen. It hangs while spinning everything up right away after being switched on or rebooted, before it even gets to loading the BIOS, doing a memory test, or any other boot process. It's simple to listen to it because usually when I power on or restart my system the GPU fan goes to 100% for two seconds as everything spins up, but when I power cycle the system everything hangs up again.