Thread: A method to setup data RAID drives with SSD boot in GA-x58a-ud3r motherboard

A method to setup data RAID drives with SSD boot in GA-x58a-ud3r motherboard

Currently I have installed Windows 7 64bit pro on my brand new corsair 80GB SSD. According toward corsair's proposal, they recommend an AHCI HDD setup inside the BIOS. The SSD is into slot 0 of the ICH10R SATA port. Now I need to insert a detach RAID 0 setup for my Data HDD i.e. Samsung f4 2TB HDDs. Now I am asking you is there any easy method to formulate a RAID-0 setup by way of my drives? I hope that there could be an easiest way to accomplish this. I tried once I ended up with an error. I am using a Gigabyte x58a-ud3r motherboard for this. Any advice will be much helpful.

Re: A method to setup data RAID drives with SSD boot in GA-x58a-ud3r motherboard

Within the BIOS system of a Microsoft Windows 7 otherwise Windows Vista-based PC, you modify the Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) approach of the boot drive in the direction of bring into play the moreover Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) arrangement or else RAID attributes. Then restart the PC. I think that you might have received the following error message: “STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE”. This problem happens if the disk driver inside Windows 7 is disabled. This driver have to be enabled previous to you modify the SATA/RAID mode of the primary boot drive or device. For more information you should get the Microsoft “Fix it” help.

Re: A method to setup data RAID drives with SSD boot in GA-x58a-ud3r motherboard

If you are scheduling to modify them toward a RAID1 array why not presently exploit them as 2 split drives. You don't acquire the idleness that you would obtain by way of RAID1 however your rate would be as greatly along with fewer problems to arrangement. If you are departed set on operating a RAID0 intended for the speed in that case there is a technique in the order of the restriction however I don't encompass it to offer at the instant.

By means of the SSD I would recommend inserting it on top of the Intel mICH10R port at 0. You can tehn configure the controller toward AHCI if you would like to the same as it is the best ever setting except not greatly further than IDE. Both modes will pass the TRIM commands as long as you are on this controller. If you settle on on the individual drives in excess of the RAID at that time there is no difficulty yet again to place them on top of these similar ports. The single obsession that doesn't be fond of AHCI was the optical drives. They actually require being taking place an IDE controlled port meant for steadiness. You can employ the GSATA otherwise the Marvell 9128 ports designed for the optical drive.

If you are getting the errors while configuring the RAID-0 setup, then allow the AHCI driver inside the registry previous to you modify the SATA mode of the boot disk inside the BIOS. Following steps will help you to do this.
    • Exit all programs which are running on your Windows PC.
    • Click Start and type regedit within the Start Search box and Hit Enter
    • If you obtain the User Account Control box, click Continue to move on.
    • Trace and then click solitary of the subsequent registry sub keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
    • Inside the right windowpane, right-click Start > click Modify.
    • Into the Value data box, insert value as 0, and press OK.
    • Exit the registry editor and restart the computer to move along with further process. You may possibly not get any error afterwards.

The options inside the gigabyte bios should be set to RAID; this will not have an effect on the SSD in non-RAID. The RAID array should be assembled within the Intel BIOS RAID configuration utility. When you configure the members and RAID point, you must perceive each and every one your drives presently coupled on the way to the SATA bus. Choose the drives you wish for, as well as the RAID level. On one occasion the array is distinct, the normal BIOS will take care of your HDDs like a solitary logical disk. Beneath "Hard Drives" ensure the SSD is picked foremost, and then withdraw to "Boot Order" and confirm the CD/DVD-ROM is primary, SSD is next. The Intel RAID array shouldn't yet put in an appearance while it isn't the main disk or drive.