Thread: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard Sata 3 Drive is not connected

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard Sata 3 Drive is not connected

I have recently built a system around Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard. I purchase a SATA-3 drive for the system and a SATA-2 for storage. When I attach just the SATA-3 drive as well as install Windows 7, the installation fails plus it reports that it is able to not format the drive. When I attempt to install Windows 7 to a SATA-2 drive, I do not obtain the issue as well as all installs okay. I think all this is happening because of sata cable problem. Please tell me some solution to my problem. Any help respected. Thanks………….

Re: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard Sata 3 Drive is not connected

This SATA3 has 6 ports (blue), with 2 SATA2 ports (gray). So there are two dissimilar controllers. While you install the setup without Windows 7 driver choose the ms-ahci Windows driver from automatically while AHCI is set in the BIOS. So in any occasion previous to Install the BIOS, after that now set what you would like, as well as eSATA connections etc. is helpful to take the faster SATA3 for the HDD or SSD.may this will help you so understand about your problem.

The SATA requirement calls for a locking pin on the wire's connectors in order to give surety a safe fit with these considerably minor wires. While this is a noticeable benefit over the EIDE cables, these locking pins are tiny portion of plastic that are simple broken. Just placing in the SATA connector wrongly is able to harm the locking mechanism, leaving the wire almost useless. Additional, a snagged SATA cable throughout routine system preservation be able to lead to a broken pin as well as therefore an out of action drive until a latest cable is installed.

For users who are installing SATA drives into their PC for the initial time, this may need an upgrade of other part to their PCs in turn to be inside operating necessities. Simply new power supply units, or PSUs, come by means of these SATA power cables as a normal. They require for this exact power wire, which will power not anything however SATA drives , may reason the customer to use on a new power supply that meets the entire other necessities for his machine.

As the SATA data wire is a lot of times less huge in terms of width, it is not multi-device able. Each device wants its own SATA data wire. This is able to rapidly turn into large mass of wires that limits the most total permissible devices in your PC case, despite obtainable SATA cable sockets. This, joined by means of the require for an individual SATA power wire to run during this merger of data wires, be able to with no trouble turn a possible system builder into a micromanager of space as well as heat because of the cables' important warm manufacture.