Thread: Cannot setup network on GA X58A UD5

Cannot setup network on GA X58A UD5

I have not found the answer to my question namely I want to create a local network (at home) between two computers. I read this tutorial which I followed the procedure "Method Unattended on the host PC. In contrast to the other client PC, therefore, equipped with a Windows XP, I can not find the Ethernet card. I confess I do not master the language but PC, side by side, I can still get me through. So I wonder if the Ethernet card is present on the client PC, if not what should I do to know this? I accessed the device manager, there is a yellow question mark, I also installed Everest version, I see the same thing, a question mark in yellow. I think that you should download the drivers. What do you suggest and thank you for your responses.

Re: Cannot setup network on GA X58A UD5

Do right click on My Computer (Windows XP) or Computer (Windows Vista). You then click on Manage (in Vista you accept the request admin). Then a window opens and you click in the left column on Device Manager and you look right, search for "network card" then you click on the "+" and you tell us if you see your network card or not!

I have a very old PC that I use for my internet connection (Speedtouch 716 v5 WL router connected via USB) and it works very well. I intended to replace the PC with a more powerful (AMD Athlon XP 2000 already dating from 2003). Alas, I try desperately to connect this new PC on the internet but without success. I just connected my Speedtouch router via the USB port of the PC, my PC detects the new hardware but I can not install a driver even though I insert the CD from my Internet Service Provider. In addition, this PC is originally installed a modem card that I have ever used. I can not find information on the NIC in this PC.

If you are in possession of a branded PC (desktop or laptop), it is strongly recommended that at the end (or beginning, it does not matter, just avoid the middle) the make and model of it. Even if your problem relates to only one specific element of your configuration, still put the report as indicated above, this gives us an overview. This will also avoid the report that you want more.

Hello I have a computer spirit 178 with xp and ubuntu after formatting my computer and reinstall it s my ubuntu says "network card not found" I fear that we should reinstall the driver for this last Thinking it was a problem of ubuntu. I gave xp partition my computer. More opportunities to connect to internet via ethernet for xp or ubuntu. The cable was changed (in case) and the side of my connection freebox beautiful and is active but nothing on the computer