Thread: Clearing the NVRAM

Clearing the NVRAM

I am looking forward to clear my NVRAM on my Dell Desktop Dimenstion system . I have searched into the system setup but there is no option visible over there , so i am searching and looking forwarding to go for some type of advanced system setup or you can say a maintenance mode, where it will allow me to reset do the data/boot configuration. I would appreciate if anyone does comment on it , I will really appreciate their post an thank you in advance.

Re: Clearing the NVRAM

Clearing the NVRAM resolves a lot of hardware related issues and of which the most common are mention below:

• If you feel that your system is booting up very slow and if your system is locking up in while you turn on your system.
    • When your system turns off slowly than normal Slow shut down.
    • Peripheral devices are not visible in the BIOS or sometimes do not get .

You will have to enter the BIOS Setup , for this you will have to tap F2 key continuously and then enter the setup , then there you will have to activate all the three locks available NUM LOCK., CAPSLOCK.SCROLL LOCK., then after that you can press the ALT key and the E key altogether , after that you can restart the machine, This will really resolve your lots of BIOS and other issues.

NVRAM is apparaently the abbreviation of Non-Volatile Random Access Memory, a kind of memory that keep its contents when power is switched offd off. One kind of NVRAM is SRAM that is made non-volatile by linking it to a stable power source for example a battery. Another kind of NVRAM make use of EEPROM chips to save its data when power is switched off. In this case, NVRAM is can also be considered as grouping of SRAM and EEPROM

NVRAM is used for managing the system configuration information when the computer is switched off. Clearing the NVRAM clear the Plug and Play information from the motherboards and forces the computer to regain the information throughout the subsequent reboot. It can resolve many obvious hardware breakdown problems and must always be tried before contacting the Dell Support. Clearing NVRAM is the most widespread technique used to clear BIOS configuration data.