Thread: Is it possible to boot GA-890GPA-UD3H from PCI Express

Is it possible to boot GA-890GPA-UD3H from PCI Express

I am considering the acquirer of an OCZ RevoDrive. Can anybody tell me whether my GA-890GPA-UD3H can boot from one of these devices? As well, is anybody aware of any troubles between the Revo and this exacting Motherboard? If anyone has knowledge or any information regarding this issue then please provide to me. You’re all information if helpful for me.

Re: Is it possible to boot GA-890GPA-UD3H from PCI Express

I cannot observe why there should be a trouble with Booting from this tool just so extended as you pursue the User manual for it and arrange it earlier than attempting to install the Operating system. I don't have individual knowledge of this mixture so cannot say if there are any troubles. An immediate search of the internet has not terrified anything up but which could just be because not sufficient people are utilizing the RevoDrive as a BOOT Device on the GA-890GPA-UD3H.

I have the RevoDrive previously setup, but I am having complexity getting Windows 7 to setup. Originally, I shaped an NTFS formatted partition on the RevoDrive. I prepared it Primary and Active. Next I booted the Windows 7 installer, windows 7 cannot perceive the Revo, and so I load the Revo drivers. After that, I can observe it. On the other hand, while I choose the drive Windows 7 says it cannot discover a drive appropriate to install Windows on. I previously have the most recent BIOS installed. I established I have the most recent Revo drivers. I have 2 PCI-E x16 slots, I attempted both. I have removed and recreated the Revo RAID numerous times. I as well removed the partition and recreated or reformatted it numerous times. Both windows Vista and windows 7 give me quite much the similar error. I can load my drivers and I can observe my RevoDrive partition, but neither of my Windows installers will permit me to setup Windows on the Revo. Anybody have any suggestions?

I still having problem receiving the RevoDrive to effort with my GA-890GPA-UD3H. Later than I load the RevoDrive drivers, I can observe the RevoDrive RAID, but while I choose it to setup Windows onto, I obtain an error which says Windows cannot place an appropriate partition to setup Windows onto. Somebody pointed out Gigabyte was in the procedure of releasing firmware upgrades which develop SSD compatibility. Anybody know whether Gigabyte has any arrangement to release alike SSD improved firmware for the GA-890GPA-UD3H any time soon?

I have 4 cards plugged into my GA-890GPA-UD3H. The RevoDrive and two TV Tuner cards that have worked in the slots they’re in for the improved part of a year. Day before yesterday, I detached the tuner cards, and with the RevoDrive placed in the 16x PCI-E slot situated furthest from the CPU, I could not observe my other SATA drives, but I was lastly able to load Windows onto the RevoDrive.