Thread: AMD Phenom II X3 720BE and Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P: system freezes

AMD Phenom II X3 720BE and Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P: system freezes

I just purchased some novel hardware and it is giving me a trouble that I don't know what to do with. Later than the gathering and installation of an Operating system the computer hangs or freezes from time to time. I have not established a single act which is causing this, it is completely random, I could be surfing the web, playing games and so on. While it freezes it stops reacting in any way and I have to regenerate it with the reset or power button. There are no artifacts on the screen or no BSOD and the audio vanishes. The freezes or hangs at all times takes place inside windows, as of up till now it has not at all done this during the post or boot of the Operating system. Any ideas? As a minimum it would be pleasant to thin it down to the failing part so can purchase a novel one.

Re: AMD Phenom II X3 720BE and Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P: system freezes

After loading Optimized Defaults regenerate the computer. Physically set the DDR3 Memory Timing Items and alter the Command Rate to T2, in its place of the default T1 setting. The memory should be in the primary two slots and Unganged. It seems like the stock DDR3 voltage is 1.6volts on that motherboard, so that should be fine. Run CPU-Z program and ensure the memory tab to observe how it is running. The 1T or 2T Command Timing setting is scheduled on page 42 of the manual.

Here I also want to add something and I can just add that you possible have the similar trouble as me and several others with RAM voltage. I have a dissimilar board, though. Most probable that reported value of 1.617v is the genuine voltage your sticks are getting. So, I just hope that this information helpful for you to understand or to know about your issue.

Accurately the voltage my motherboard reports but a couple of times I have perceives 1.605V reported. Now I am outside so I just got a fast look, will read it while I come back to home, one of my friend provided the link and how much I can understand there is no resolution to this correct, I mean other than purchasing some novel RAM or a dissimilar motherboard? And if you got any other suggestion which help you without purchasing newel one then it is your luck.

I have given up while Support in progress sounding likes a busted record. It probable could be solved by few software fix but I shaped it would be too bothersome to attempt and make Gigabyte do it. I finished overclocking my RAM and increasing voltage to 1.75v so it does not matter to me any longer. I have no idea what else you could attempt with your trouble, possibly a different PSU? Still, this is greedy at straws. One thing which most likely is not at mistake is your RAM. As in, the sticks likely are not faulty. Who knows, possibly the looser timings will repair this, though. The HDD is maybe out, too. Excepting that, who knows? This is like my trouble with computer not turning on each now and then. I could not figure it out and currently it has not occurred for a month or so even though the whole things the similar as earlier. Apart from for a Northbridge heatsink but it should not have stuffed.