Thread: Gigabyte GA EP45C-DS3 BSOD

Gigabyte GA EP45C-DS3 BSOD

I am really new to the forums and hence would like to know what are the things that are going in the system of mine here. I have Windows Vista running in my case and I have the seen that I was getting the BSOD. So in order to get rid of this I thought it will be great if I can go with the clean installation of the things here. Now after I booted the system I have seen that the memory here is getting in interleaved mode. So what can be the issue here? Let me tell you that I have just upgraded the system and I have Gigabyte GA EP45C-DS3 and had purchased one more 2GB RAM stick for the PC. Also wanted to know will it be nice to go for Windows 7 as well. Please come up with the suggestions soon.

Re: Gigabyte GA EP45C-DS3 BSOD

First of all let me tell you about the interleaved mode of the memory. By doing this the system will have faster access to the memory DRAM. It is actually a feature by virtue of which you will be no longer required to wait for the completion of the cycle. Now to go with the Windows 7; then let me tell you that there is no issue at all with this operating system. All you need to do is to have the RAM requirement satisfied and then only move forward.

Yes there is no issue with the Windows 7; you can for sure have it installed in your system. Also let me tell you that if you want to have the Windows 7 in your system it will be great if you can have more number of RAMs in your case here. Really this operating system is fine and let me tell you that you will be able to enjoy this once you can have all the things working in the fine manner here. Hope that you will have this with the same rig here.

You did not mentioned that you got the BSOD after upgrading the system and if that is the case then let me tell you that you must have got the issue because of the DRIVERS. And if you might have got the issue before the upgradation then let me tell you that this can be the issue because of the BIOS and if that is really the case then please make a check on this and see if you can find anything weird here. Please let us know about this at the earliest.

You might have got caught with the issue because of the RAM and hence if this can be the case then let me tell you that it will be better if you can first go with running the Memtest. Run this here and then let me get notified about the same here. Please see if the RAM that you are having it here then the frequency must be the same for both of there. If at all possible it will be great if you can have the single RAM stick for it here.

Usually I do not think that one should go for the Gigabyte Motherboard as I am of the opinion that most of the customers of Gigabyte have mostly complaint about this Motherboard and if it is really possible it will be great if you can have Motherboard from ASUS and if you want to go with the core i7 processor then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can have the Motherboard from Intel. Well Windows 7 on Intel and with the required RAM will really help you to experience the new environment in a pretty nice manner.