Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R do not boot up with 1600 MHz RAM

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R do not boot up with 1600 MHz RAM

I really do not know what can be issue here but I have seen that in my case here when I try to reboot the system using the RAM of 1600 MHz the system simply does not boot. I have seen that it asks for the RAM having the frequency of 1066 MHz. What can the issue for this? In addition to this I have Graphic Card from ATI. I have seen that the system randomly freezes here and sometimes I have even seen that BSOD’s have also struck the screen here. Any suggestion in the matter will be heartily appreciated here. I have Windows 7 running on the system here and that too the 64 bit version of the Windows 7. I would like to know who can be the real culprit in the case here: Motherboard or Windows 7.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R do not boot up with 1600 MHz RAM

Looking at the scene it seems to me that both of the options that you have mentioned above can be the culprit here. The scenario seems to be like the issue of the compatibility of the DRIVERS here. I think that the drivers that you have installed for the Motherboard are not compatible with the Windows 7 64 bit and hence you might be getting the issue here. Go to the official site of Gigabyte and see if you can find the drivers in your case here. Go to the site and then enter the Download section and then feed in the details of the Motherboard and Operating System that you have on the system.

Really it even seems to me that the issue that has been mentioned above is because of the Drivers and hence it will be really great if you can simply have the Drivers installed and then see for the issue after that. Please see you install the Windows 7 64 bit drivers or else you will end up with something buggy instead. If you are not able to see the drivers for your case then let me tell you that you can simply go with the Drivers of Windows Vista instead and see if that can really help you with the issue here. Please while installing the Drivers of Windows Vista see that you install the 64 bit drivers here.

Well really thanks a lot for all the suggestions here but let me tell you that I do not think that the issue can be solved with the Drivers. Actually the thing is that when I try to boot the system. I just get hanged at the Windows Logo. After that all I have to do is to enter the BIOS setup so that I can get rid of the issue; at first I did it accidentally. I entered the BIOS setup and then could not find anything wrong so exited the setup without making the Save and at that moment the system just booted successfully and when I tried to do the same thing again here I have seen that the same issue is occurring here. What can be the reason for this weird behavior of the system? I had really not made any change in the BIOS but have seen the same issue repeating here. Please suggest something here in the case.

So looking at the case that you have presented here it seems that the issue is because of the power supply and hence I would like you to see if you can get a new PSU in your case and see if what I have said is really the reason for the issue there. I am of the opinion that the PSU that you have currently installed on your system is not that powerful and hence you might be getting this issue there. So it will be really great if you can make a check on this there.

I am of the opinion that it will be great if you can just swap the RAM stick of yours in some other slot and then see if that can solve the issue of yours there. I really feel that this is the only way by which you can get the issue of your solved. Also in addition to that see if you can borrow some other RAM stick and try to boot the system with this stick in your system. Please try this and let me get notified about the same here. Also in addition to this I am of the opinion that swapping the RAM stick will really help you in your case there. Try this and see if that solves the issue.