Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 do not boot on RAID and Adaptec 31205

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 do not boot on RAID and Adaptec 31205

I am not sure if I am the only one having the issue here. I have seen a serious issue with this Motherboard. With Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7; I have RAID and Adaptec controller running in the Motherboard. In my case I have seen that when RAID is not set; Adaptec controller woks in a pretty fine manner. The scenario just changes when RAID is enabled along with Adaptec controller. I have seen that a message just gets popped up. It says something like Verifying DMI pool data. Can there be a way by which I can have this working in a comprehensive manner.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 do not boot on RAID and Adaptec 31205

It seems to me that the issue that you are getting may be because of the BIOS and it will be solved if you can just have the latest BIOS in your system. It seems that the BIOS is not at all compatible with the Cards. See if you can get the BIOS updated and then get the issue rectified here. For updating the BIOS you will be required to run BIOS updater. Please see if you can get the BIOS that match your rig or else you will end up installing something really worse. Also while dealing with BIOS do it at your own risk. Anything wrong then you will be required to restart all the things again.

In the list of the solution is you want you can try to add CMOS as well in the solution. Try to clear the CMOS completely and see if that really helps you in the matter. Follow the steps below and see if that really helps: First of all shut down the system. Plug out the power cord from the CPU and wait for a while. Now after all this is done open up the CPU case and take away the motherboard battery. You will have to wait for about 10 minutes and then you can replace the battery back there. Now plug back the power cord in the CPU case. Now boot up the system and see if you are able to get rid of the issue of yours. Well this is just a trial but will really like to hear if that really succeeded in your case there. Notify me.

You are trying to boot your system with RAID and Adaptec 31205. Well let me tell you that you should have been successful in doing this but let me tell you that it is in theories. Actually it is virtually not possible. There is really nothing that I have heard of this thing working in pair and hence would like you to see if you can simply avoid this and see if you can go for something else in this case here. On the trial basis if at all you want you can go with the BIOS update or installing the higher or the latest BIOS in your case here. Let me know what helped you there.

If at all the drivers are not made available then the older drivers that were working with the older operating systems can be given a try here. The only thing here is that the chances of getting this in successful manner are less. Please whatever you do; please see you do the same in a neat and a clean manner. By clean I mean to say that while installing the drivers please see you uninstall all the trace of the older files here first.

Thanks a lot for all the replies that you all have mentioned here. Will try to see if replacing the CMOS battery will really help in the situation of mine. I would have really appreciated a strong suggestion in my case but I am happy that I have here something to work with here. Also let me tell you that it is not at all impossible and if that would have been the case then I would have not made the post here. I have seen that in the system of my friend this is working great and hence thought that if this could be possible in my cases as well.

Well it seems that it will be nice if you can contact Gigabyte and seek their help in the matter. As I am of the opinion that they will be able to help you in a much nice manner here. In addition to that if you want you can go in the BIOS and disable the BOOT option for Card and see if that can help a bit here. In BIOS see for this Array Based BBS Support and RunTime Bios and then disable the same. Also one more thing that is striking my mind after looking at all the things here is the limited ROM size. While you will be trying this I would like you to use onboard RAID and if that is not at all possible then see if you can choose RAID card at that moment. See if I am correct while stating this here.