Thread: Want to set up RAID for Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 post windows 7 install.

Want to set up RAID for Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 post windows 7 install.

As it is clearly mentioned in the title that I want to setup RAID0 through the use of G-SATA port and for that I have also setup the on board RAID/IDE in the BIOS but when I starting the system and pressing ctrl G for accessing the RAID setup it is not going to setup screen but it is by passing that and then continue to windows 7. After the start up it is not showing the drive, now I want to know what I am missing, why this is not showing the drive and also not allowing me to install one. If you have any related reply then do let me know about that.

Re: Want to set up RAID for Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 post windows 7 install.

I am also facing similar kind of issue. I have my computer upgraded with a GA-P55-UD2 and would like to set up a RAID1. The switch to AHCI I am following the information that I have found on net, but I will bite on the RAID I just kind of the teeth. For if I in the BIOS to "RAID" switch, the system runs into a 0x7B BSOD. Storage Technology Intel Rapid is installed, system is XP Home SP3 32. I hope here someone can help me and thank you in advance for the support that you are going to provide me for this thing.

The BIOS of Gigabyte P55M-UD2 was created by Award Software. On the Gigabyte website we can find to download the version that fixes some bugs F5 existing in previous BIOS. MB Intelligent Tweaker menu (MIT) turns out to be the largest, and most will delight those who enjoy adjusting the parameters to get the best overclock possible. Let’s look at our current configuration and make advanced settings on the frequency of the CPU, memory and voltages. The next catch is found in the MIT. One of the submenus is the Current Status MIT that allows the eye to observe the current hardware configuration of our team. In Advanced Settings Frequency multiplier can modify the processor, determine the Base Clock (BCLK) and set the frequency of reports and PCI-Express.

The submenu access options classical energy-saving Intel, and we can activate and deactivate the Turbo Boost famous and even the HiperThreading. The sub-menu that indicates the current voltage of the processor, the QPI / Vtt Voltage the CPU PLL (allows tuning the overclock) and the voltage of the reports. The new generation of processors to integrate the memory controller limits the voltage gain from them. It is not advisable to exceed the limits of 1.65 V because it can burn the mic. Standard CMOS Features menu lets you change the system clock and note the configuration of the peripherals.

According to me you can change certain advanced features of the BIOS, and select where you want to boot the system (hard disk, CD-ROM, USB ...), determine aesthetic aspects of the bios and much more. This screen controls the PC peripherals (SATA, USB, LAN, Firewire) and then immediately begin the process to install a RAID. Power Management Setup is used for determining aspects of the boot "physical" feature among other things. Do not mix with booting. PC Health Status screen allows you to observe the voltages of the different rails and processor; you can also observe the RPM of the two connections for fans that includes the plate. Through this screen, we can set temperatures for the CPU to avoid further and even manage the fan speed through PWM activate when integrated.

It is a powerful microATX, enjoying all Gigabyte's proprietary technologies, including including Ultra Durable 3. The technology in question can go a step further, offering to manufacture the finest materials and including up to several layers of copper on the PCB to jointly ensure the best cooling, energy efficiency, durability and maximum stability when overclocking system. But this is nothing, the P55M-UD2 Gigabyte has two PCI-Express 16X to allow the use of multi GPU configurations offering support for CrossFireX, leaving the PCI-Express limited to operate at 4X and 16X, due to be integrated PCI controller Express within the processors for LGA 1156 (P55) and limited to 20 lines. His great connectivity favored by higher potential of the new P55 chipset to handle as many USB, eSATA and Firewire connection, makes the P55M-UD2 on a motherboard that has nothing to envy.