Thread: No access to SATA3 Raid Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 after BIOS update.

No access to SATA3 Raid Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 after BIOS update.

Recently I have updated the Motherboard X58A-UD7 and after that I am not able to access my RAID 1 in BIOS. I mean to say that I am facing problem with SATA 3 after updating this thing. Actually the thing is that the RAID is build under BIOS revision FB. After updating my mother board I am getting this message.
    "SATA3 IS NOW WORKING IN IDE MODE, CHANGE TO RAID MODE FIRST. BESIDES, HDDS SHOULD BE PLUGGED INTO SATA3 PORTS AND REBOOT THE SYSTEM TO CONFIGURE SATA3 RAID IN BIOS SETUP MENU."
    I have also tried to do some experiment with settings but everything goes in vain. I have tried everything that I can do but not able to solve this problem. Is there anyone who can provide solution for this problem?

Re: No access to SATA3 Raid Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 after BIOS update.

Before providing you any kind of solution I want to know few points from your side. First of all I want to know why you not using intel ICH10R port because it will work perfect with raid mode. According to me marvell port is really bad for using raid mode. I am saying this thing because I have tested this thing with the two ports multiplier enclosures with the four disks. I am saying this because my system runs without any problem with the HighPoint RR620, silicon image sil3132. I hope that this will solve the problem that you are facing. If you having any other issue then let me know about that, I will try to find the solution for that as soon as possible.

Thank you for the quick response that you have given. I have followed all the steps that you have suggested but now I am facing another problem. The problem is that Marvell port is not working perfectly. I mean to say that I am not able to use the port multipliers box. I have tried to search the solution for this problem but did not get any solution for this problem. Now I think that I will get a relevant solution for the problem that I am facing as I have got the solution for my previous problem. I will be waiting for the related reply.

I think that I am also facing similar kind of problem. Actually I was using marvell for long time but now I have decided to use a onboard Intel chip for WD RE4 1TB SATA3 that is drived for one array. One more thing I will like to bring to your notice that is I have also tried the raid 0 array for the purpose of testing the speed and believe it was really bad. I have also tried to use the OCZ vertex2 and it should be of nearly similar speed. If you can suggest anything better then do so. Because I am really in need of help any related will be appreciate a lot.

According to me it depends on you which controller you want to use. You must use the controller that is giving better performance according to you. But in the tests the Marvell 9128 controlled ports is not responding anymore because the Intel ICH10R port is controlled by the southbirdge. I have also find that if you are using the Enterprise version of the Western Digitals then it did not mean that the Marvell is better controller for the RAID0 functionality, because it is falling down at the time of throughput. I hope this will help you in taking your decision, if you have any other issue related to this then do let me know about that.

I have tested this downgrade to the BIOS FC7 and without forcing the downgrade of the marvell BIOS and for you information I was able access the raid in BIOS without causing any problem. It means that the bug is in the FC BIOS of the mainboard. If anybody else is having better idea related to this then you have to write this thing down. My friend suggested that I should use the intel for this thing but to be true I am not satisfied with the suggestion, because if is not having problem then why to use it. Now I am waiting for a better suggestion.