Thread: X58A-UD3R: Need advice on Phoenix Pro 120 GB Driver. No RAID config.

X58A-UD3R: Need advice on Phoenix Pro 120 GB Driver. No RAID config.

I encompass a new Phoenix Pro 120 GB Solid State Drive (SSD), i7 950 Processor, 12 GB RAM and GIGABYTE x58A-UD3R MOBO (Intel ICH10R), and Hard disk Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB. I installed windows 7 64 bit by default settings. I after that altered to native AHCI by means of reg fix from Microsoft and after that enabled the TRIM function. I had a software problem and had to perform a System Image recover. All appears very well, other than I am not receiving the best performance, as well as I am wondering if I be supposed to install the Intel RST driver? With just one Solid State Drive and one HDD, will I have some advantage by means of updating driver to Intel RST? Should I reformat the Solid State Drive once more? I am new to Solid State Drive technology so any recommendation is appreciated.

Re: X58A-UD3R: Need advice on Phoenix Pro 120 GB Driver. No RAID config.

Hi, I do not imagine that there is any benefit in installing the Intel RST as I am certain it just helps by means of RAID arrays. It took over from the Matrix Storage Console. I would like to know what speeds are you receiving as well as where have you connected the Solid state drive (SSD) to? Please let me know so that I can provide further assistance.

I also have the same problem; I encompass a 120GB drive with about 60GB space available. I have AHCI enabled in BIOS. Do I require on the way to enable Native IDE as well for the controller? How be I able to check the firmware? I think drive came with 3.1 on it. If you have any idea regarding to this please let me know your suggestion to get rid of this issue would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Should I shift my TEMP files and IE TEMP files to my hard drive? I heard CCleaner will not be able on the way to clean files by this method I am not concerned regarding space, as a result is it okay to leave them? Any performance problem? I made Page File resolved 2 GB size and left on solid state drive. I am also in doubt if I should perform the 8. Turn off the windows write cache buffer flushing tweak by means of my Phoenix pro tweak.Thanks for all the great feedback.