Thread: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard is causing operating System

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard is causing operating System installation

I have lastly built a PC this week but I’m still having some problem with this new specification. The new PC is not allowing me to install OS on it and giving me much trouble. I altered the RAM sticks in the order of and after using only one stick I lately managed to install Windows 7. On one occasion it installed I determined to situate the additional RAM stick inside, except the operating system does not boot up immediately hangs at startup. Therefore I believe the RAM sticks that I encompass are defective. I cannot even install drivers once I get in to Windows 7, it just freezes and reboots itself. I have doubt about RAM but still I imagine that it might be the motherboard. Currently I am using Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 870 Socket AM3 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard. What do you say about this?

Re: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard is causing operating System

The first thing I want say about is check you PSU. It might be possible that your PSU is little low compared to system specification. Check that, you will need minimum 550W power supply for your motherboard. If you have any doubt about the memory then I urge you to install Memtest86+ which will take a complete test of your RAM modules and provides the result. You will get know what is causing the OS.

Are you sure that the BIOS has nothing to do with this issue? If you are wrong then you either need to update the BIOS or go back to the earlier version. Make sure that you have put the right processor and compatible one. Did you try by changing the CPU and memory voltages. The issue sometimes happens when some device is not matching the specification. Have you installed the Windows OS from the original CD, I mean a genuine version? If you are using a copyrighted bootable CD then you probably get much trouble even in your new computer.

Have heard about flashing BIOS? The best option is to perform the BIOS flash is by using the USB stick. If you can able to install Windows OS with single stick then I think that it either could be the faulty RAM stick issue or the motherboard’s RAM slot issue. I urge you to take out the whole board from CPU case by unplugging all components and put it in a plane cardboard. Now attach all the other components and attach all the RAM stick. Power up and install Windows OS. Now see will it causing any issue. if the cause still continues then you must change or replace your main board.

I think that for RAM issue the best option is run the Memtest if you are able to successfully install the OS and get into it. Otherwise it might be difficult for you to know about the performance of RAM modules. If you are able to do so then first try with 1 stick only and run Memtest for at least 10 time. If there are no errors then take out that stick and put another one. Repeat the processes until all the memory stick get tested. If there are any faulty RAM sticks then replace it.

I’m not certain if I have predetermined the difficulty completely except within the bios I altered the memory clock speed of RAM from x6.66 in the direction of x5.33 which is 1066 MHz evaluated to the defaulting 1333 MHz The computer appears to be further established along with doesn't give the impression to freeze, this is merely with single of the RAM sticks attached. I assume that it might be related to the fault chipsets of motherboard. If there is a RMA for MB then I urge you to replace it as soon as possible.