Thread: x58-ud3r showing 4 GB usable ram out of 6 GB

x58-ud3r showing 4 GB usable ram out of 6 GB

I am talking regarding RAM.On a cold boot, all I can observe is 4gb of RAM usable out of 6gb.I built my computer with following configuration:
    processor : Intel i7 930
    Motherboard: x58-ud3r
    Hard disk: 500gb
    Ram l: 6 GB ram CM3X2G1600C8D
    Power supply : 800 WATT
    Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit
    I have checked and BIOS also showing only 4096MB ?What should be the trouble? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for any suggestion. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: x58-ud3r showing 4 GB usable ram out of 6 GB

I do not know what BIOS edition you are running at the moment however this may be a problem with this motherboard as well as certain BIOS versions. From memory I believe that it was by means of the first one FA (version). If so attempt updating the BIOS to the most recent one as well as observe if that resolves it. Do not forget on the way to make use of QFlash to perform it as well as disable the Keep DMI Data.

I also have the same problem with same motherboard. And as per I know by updating your BIOS you will get on a terrible cold boot errors and other boot troubles yet by making use of the most recent Fe1 beta BIOS. If you be able to stay with it then I will recommend you to stick with the 4Gb trouble till a BIOS workaround has been produced. I am having this trouble for 10 months.The most recent beta BIOS is the most excellent yet however at a standstill causes troubles on cold booting.

To be reasonable I am familiar with that it was what take place in your system however it might not present itself in the similar manner on a different system. As we recognize most configurations perform in a different way yet if they are very alike. I would believe it would be helpful to you to distinguish what the others PC responded like in these circumstances.

There is not anything to stop you attempting it(update BIOS) and after that if you do discover that you have the similar trouble as mentioned above you be able to for all time flash it back to FA once more.Just make certain that you make use of QFlash.For the reason that I thought it was revision 2.0 as a result that be supposed to be fine.Hope this will assist you.

Sorry I got distracted by the BIOS. And I think that the better choice is to send it back to the manufacturer, if you are certain that the module does not work at what time inserted after that send it back or else if it was a kit then send both back for replacement. If you are still having any troubles let us know and we will see what else we can do to resolve your trouble.

Hi ,

I am having the same issue, there are no bent pins on my mother board, the bios update doesnt seem to work as all the downloads from gigabyte wont run on 64 bit os.

It can see the 3rd stick of ram but it cant enable it. Very strange problem. Is there a problem with the latest bios version on the ud3r or something?

If anyone has any ideas that would be great as this is very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by danielmaniel View Post
    Hi ,

I am having the same issue, there are no bent pins on my mother board, the bios update doesnt seem to work as all the downloads from gigabyte wont run on 64 bit os.

It can see the 3rd stick of ram but it cant enable it. Very strange problem. Is there a problem with the latest bios version on the ud3r or something?

If anyone has any ideas that would be great as this is very frustrating.
    You can try to flash the Bios to the latest again and can even try to switching the ram sticks around to check whether it works or not for you. You can also try to raise the voltage and go up to 1.325 to make sure that it isnt the issue. Using QFlash you can update your BIOS to the latest version. By the way are you using the revision 2.0 board?