Thread: Cannot start modem on GA-MA78GM-S2H

Cannot start modem on GA-MA78GM-S2H

I have attempted a pair of PCI modems that are Open FM-56PX and Rosewill RNX-56AG on my Windows Home Server system. It neither will wake the system as of S3 Standby state going on telephone ring. Modem ring recommence is allowed in Setup and "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" is checked within driver Power Management. The modem state that it supports wake-on-ring. I am with that computer to obtain occasional faxes as well as some voicemail. I would like it to go into standby stuck between these events but I require it to wake up while the phone rings. The system wakes up very well on keyboard otherwise mouse input. I would believe an original solution to translating telephone ring in the direction of a wake-up signal if the usual wake-on-ring function would not work.

Re: Cannot start modem on GA-MA78GM-S2H

I have a tip for you. If the modem that you are using is sharing the phone line with a phone that is having the call-waiting, incoming calls then it may affect the modem connection. To get out of the issue, you can for the moment immobilize call-waiting by adding *70 on the modem command string. You will be able to do that without problems in Windows by means of the Modems control panel's Dialing Properties settings.

It may be the problem from the server side. According to me you need to call the service provider which you are having connection and ask them for the issue. If that is from their side then they will tell you the proper way to solve the problem. If all is well from there then also they will guide you in the right direction to obtain the solution for your problem. This is the best and safest way to solve the issue.

There may be some problem with the configuration of the modem that you have setup. You need to check that and correct them accordingly. If you are not able to get that then you can configure the modem again and after that restart you system again. There are many such cases where reconfiguring solves the problem. I wish that will do exactly same for you. So it will be a good idea to try this once and see the result.

You should not make any changes to the setups on your computer and previous to you call your ISP "Internet Service Provider" imagine for a instant; Was there a storm last night? Has the climate suddenly changed?. Weather transforms can unfavorably result your phone lines. Pick up a phone on the similar line at the same time as your computer and press a button to clear the dial tone. Whistle in the representative as well as listen for any pops, snaps or other odd noises. If you can perceive sound noise then it is the phone lines liability and you need to contact your phone company.