Thread: Is it possible to change the cards on the same motherboard

Is it possible to change the cards on the same motherboard

I wanted to ask this query with you all. I have a Celeron 2.4GHz processor. I was thinking of changing my video card as well as the hard disk while keeping the rest of the system same. So will that changes affect anything during my working with the system. I have the following specification
    - 2.4 Ghz Celeron processor
    - 768MB ram
    - 128MB (32-bit) video card (Nvidia Geforce FX 5600)
    - 40GB HDD (ATA)
    - mother board GE PRO-HT from asrock
    What I was thinking that to change the ram to 2GB and also add the 300GB SATA HDD to my existing system. So will such changes improve my computer performance. I am thinking of playing lineage 2 with my new system because the existing one is not giving me any good fps.

Re: Is it possible to change the cards on the same motherboard

Well let me tell you. Looking at the configuration of our CPU. I don’t think so if you make some changes to the graphic card and the hard disk will benefit you anything. This is because you have a 2.4GHz Celeron processor. You must have a good processor above all to improve the performance of the CPU. The Celeron processor has become outdated. I would advice you to first switch to the dual core processor. After that looking at motherboard. I find it very outdated. The existing motherboard will get you anywhere around 533MHz fps which is very normal. So I think you must better opt for some other good motherboard.

Well looking at your configuration. Even I think that your whole system is outdated. So what I would advise you is that if you don’t want to exceed the budget then I would ask you to stick with the amd processors. According to me you must go with the following configuration
    Amd Semprom 145 2.8Ghz
    Any DDR2 RAM
    Sapphire HD5670 512MB graphic card
    300 GB SATA HDD
    Gigabyte MA78LMT-USH2 motherboard
    Well if you want to increase your budget a bit then you can opt for any intel dual core or quad core processor. However the sempron is a good processor. It performs twice as much work then the pentium 4 processor. So this is my opinion you can go with it.

OK thanks for the advice that you have given. Well after reading your suggestion I want to say that I will be switching to the different processor. Probably an amd processor mostly. Well the main issue I wanted to ask with you all is the budget. What could be the budget if I get a good motherboard along with the new processor. Suggest me an approximate figure. So that I can decide on it accordingly. Do reply as soon as possible.

Talking about the budget it must touch around 200$ according to me. It is just a rough figure that I am suggesting you. The price may go down as well as it can go up. Well talking about your motherboard and the Processor they both will cost you around 100$. While a 50$ for the graphic card and 50$ more for the 300GB SATA HDD. So this can be the approximate budget. Well if you are thinking of the Intel processor then you may have to add around $10 more to your normal budget. So I hope I have given you the necessary details on the budget.