Thread: How to know about the RAM in my motherboard

How to know about the RAM in my motherboard

I own a good configured PC in my home. I have been using 2GB RAM from past several months. Now I am looking forward for an upgrade. But I don’t know what the capacity of my motherboard is. Is there any way to find out the maximum RAM upgrade for my motherboard or any other board? Is it possible to find out what kind of RAM I own now? The name of the PC is Packard Bell and hope that you might have heard about it. So please help with this upgrade.

Re: How to know about the RAM in my motherboard

I think that the best utility for this is to install CPU-Z. It is a free utility that collects data resting on several of the major components of your PC. The type of information is as follows
    • CPU--Name and model number, Core stepping and progression, wrap up, Core power, inner and outer clocks, clock multiplier, maintained information sets and Cache stats.
    • Mainboard-- retailer, replica and modification, BIOS form and date, Chipset (Northbridge and Southbridge) and sensor, Graphic edge etc.
    • Memory--Frequency and timings, Module(s) arrangement by means of SPD (Serial Presence Detect): retailer, serial number, timings chart.
    • System—Windows OS and Direct X edition.

SIW is a highly developed System Information for Windows implement that collects complete in sequence regarding your structure belongings and backgrounds and exhibit it’s in a tremendously understandable approach. SIW can generate a statement file (CSV, HTML, TXT or XML), and is intelligent to jog in group mode (designed for Computer Software and Hardware catalog, Benefit account Tracking, Inventory Software authorization, Software certificate conformity). SIW is an impartial function that does not necessitate setting up (transportable Freeware) - one reduced amount of installed tool taking place your PC additionally the truth that you know how to scuttle the program openly as of an USB flash drive, via a network drive or through a domain login script. SIW preserve to be scattered liberally.

As far as I know there is no need to install any special software for this task. What you have to do is open the case and see by yourself. The RAM contains several information over it and the type of the slot has been written in the motherboard itself. If this is not possible for you then turn of the computer at the start before the BIOS it will display the type of RAM and how much memory in that will display. For confirmation you can go into the BIOS settings and check by yourself.

If you have internet connection then it is possible for you to know all the information about hardware of computer which you are currently sitting without installing any software. Some websites provides the online scanning for hardware information which will retrieve all the data belonging to the specific components and generates the report. My best choice for scanning RAM is CRUCIAL scanner. There is download version is also available. For further information you can visit their site.