Thread: ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard does not support 1333FSB processors

ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard does not support 1333FSB processors

ASUS p5n-e SLI motherboard is now causing some problem with a processor. The problem is it does not hold up the fresh 1333fsb processors. I have configured all the peripherals to the motherboard and put all wires in its place but I can’t turn on the power. This is my new configuration as well. I think that it is something related to the BIOS version that is causing this but the sad thing is I can’t update BIOS for now. So what can I do now? Is there any method left to boot up this computer so that I can manually correct the issues?

Re: ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard does not support 1333FSB processors

I know that some motherboard update will not going to Boot Windows or any other OS. This is not only about the ASUS motherboard. If you have any motherboard and performed some update on it like processor, socket, BIOS etc the OS will unable to boot. If you are using Windows then you probably need a Windows repair first other than fixing on BIOS. Try to repair Windows and I hope that it will not harm anything. If you are able to go in by doing this then go for BIOS update. After that you can fix any errors by yourself.

I think you must go for flashing BIOS. It is the only method left now. But the problem is you can do it until you get into the Windows. For this I think you need to repair Windows. If this is not possible then you need to make use of Live CD to get in and accomplish flash. Once you get in then you can use flash or BIOS utility to correct it. Then you can successfully update he BIOS to an up-to-date version.

I think that if I got this problem I probably go for flash first then move for further process. Yes, the safe way is you need to flash BIOS earlier the OS or Windows installation. By doing this manner you will resolve any issues that could be related by means of OS as a result of flashing the bios subsequently. As far as I know it is just the issue about the motherboard and BIOS not about OS or Windows.

The BIOS method, you moreover drop any anxieties you cover in excess of the acknowledgment of the advanced FSB. Furthermore, you're uncertain if the motherboard will effort as it sets in the midst of the processor, in my opinion I believe it will. Just the once you flash it you'll recognize it’s leaving to effort, and after that presently persist the construct expressing the motherboard is lay down in favor of the those processors.

I assume that the socket which is attached to the motherboard for holding processors is itself not compatible for that range processor. I think you should check the compatibility of the CPU socket. For 1333FSB CPU socket type is Socket “775”. Confirm that you have this socket in your ASUS p5n-e SLI MB. The compatible BIOS is 0201 and PCB is 1.0G. These are the necessary options for 1333FSB processors from Intel. Usually these range processors are Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Core 2 Extreme and Intel Core 2 Quad.