Thread: How to change Sata HDD to Sata IDE inside bios

How to change Sata HDD to Sata IDE inside bios

I just recently some changes in my computer system. So as to do this I need replace current Sata of HDD to Sata IDE in my bios settings. I need to install windows XP in my computer. though I cannot make out how to perform that in this edition of windows xp since there is nothing concerning HDD control in the bios setting I can make to change the Sata replacement. And I also want to know that after replacing the Sata do I require to change my operating system or not. Do it increase the performance of my computer after replacing the Sata in my bois. Does anyone have any idea for this post then please reply me on this thread.

Re: How to change Sata HDD to Sata IDE inside bios

If you try to install a Sata disk drive as secondary storage disk, go after the data wire from your existing drive (suppose it's SATA, also) to the other last part. See if an vacant SATA port lies close to the motherboard or an interface card. If you can't discover one, check with your PC's records. If you're replacing an IDE drive as a second disk drive, you may be capable to connect it to the identical data cable as your main IDE drive, or beside with an IDE visual drive. Look for a third, free connector in the center of the wire that connects your presently installed IDE drive to the motherboard. Remind that some older PCs exercise 40-conductor IDE wire, not the 80- performer ones present drives need. (Match up your kit wire to the one installed—the 80-conductor assortment has a lot thinner wires.) 80-conductor wires are backward -well matched (equally types use the similar 40-pin connector), so you can exchange out a 40-conductor wire for your kit's 80 if require be. Then restart your system to check out the performance.

consider the power connection. Our SATA drive has a 15-pin SATA power connector. If you already have a SATA drive installed, follow its power cable (the wider of the two connectors) to see if an unused power-supply lead with the same connector is nearby. If so, earmark that lead for your new drive. If it can't reach the empty bay, see if any bundled adapters help. Some SATA drives also support familiar legacy Molex four-pin power connectors—you can use a Molex or SATA connector. If so, hunt for a free Molex-style lead. Still no match? Then you'll need an adapter, such as a Molex-to-SATA adapter (some kits bundle one), or a Y-adapter that splits a lead in two.

Sata's don't require jumpers in sort to work accurate. Also they don't contain a label as far as master/slave. The cause my IDE was not performing correct when I inserted in my new HDD drive was since it was attempting to drag my boot information off the recently installed drive which had nobody on it. So later than reading around, I make out that I had to associate my BIOS to perform the boot off my unique drive first in order for the Operating system to boot up. I suppose when I installed the new drive, it had default to loading off the latest (blank) hard drive. That is wherever I was getting the fault and it was set by having it distorted to SCSI devices to be booted initially previous to everything else. Expectantly I explained that correct. Anyway, maybe this will assist somebody else out who doesn't recognize what they are doing like I didn't.