Thread: How to perform onpost in Asus TUV4X motherboard

How to perform onpost in Asus TUV4X motherboard

I investigate many about the Asus TUV4X. I obtain it precisely for my PIII-S 1.4 GHz Tualatin. I was having the linlin adapter with an older board that uses a socket adapter for the Pentium 3. The Tualatin worked completely. I just changed to this motherboard, and i power it on, it illustrates me that it's a P3 CPU. I go set the whole thing same in BIOS setting, and choose the over clocking speed to default at 1.4 GHz which is what the cpu needed. I go save as well as exit. And i also updated the latest Bios driver that requires the 1.4 GHz processor. It just take a seat there, and floppy drive glow up. I push something in the floppy drive, not anything occurs. I went into the bios setting and change the clocking speed to 1ghz, and it boots entirely. Then I again swapped to 1 GHz then it hangs. I remove the whole thing out, installed the Ram stick of 1 GB as well as the graphic card only, but it still hangs and it is not onposting the screen so any have any suggestion for this post then please reply me..

Re: How to perform onpost in Asus TUV4X motherboard

I think that Asus TUV4X motherboard is likely through the 694T, According Asus sources told me. It should officially support the 1400 GHz speed, because it will not able to onpost the screen properly on the computer it may cause some with the 1 GHz speed though it will definitely boot but it will start your windows properly. But being VIA expected this BS but even it should perform. Bios - physically place the memory as well as timings, detach the AGP writes, search your IDE settings, rearrange your boot order, and verify the board’s condition for like swollen capacitors. Others will question why you squander time on the 140 GHz, it’s a famous chip! I still desire for one myself.

Yup I think I really solve the problem for this quote according to suggestion. I simply got it to boot once more. Os I think that you are somewhat right again. It's the VIA Chipset attributes! I disabled the whole thing, and it boots quite correctly as I hope. now I m looking forward for enabling the whole things by using the speed of 1.4 GHz one by one to see which "attribute requirements to be enabled as well as disabled the thing in order that it will work through.

Yeah I got the problem’s solution I even faced the similar kind of issue with p3 computer It was actually the CPU-DRAM Back-Back operation. So what I have done is I gone in the bios setting and them enabled by default. I lastly establish that the system to boots at the speed of the 1.4 GHz within the disabled mode! I would have not at all wondering of enable as well as disabling random stuff! And I be able to by now inform you that the 1.4 GHz Tualatins are a beast. It gives the nice performance as I expected in my system.frequently in the bios of VIA base boards, reserve settings for the whole thing except the ones you be acquainted with you need or cause problem etc.

Hello folks,

I am also using the TUV4X and PIII-1.4 (Tualtin). I'm very impressed with the speed and power efficiency of this CPU and the stability of the platform.

However, I have a problem. Using Windows XP, my CPU usage spikes to 100% whenever I am reading or writing to the hard drive, or transferring data over the LAN. I'm convinced that my PCI SATA controller (sil3512) and PCI NIC are not properly bus-mastering the PCI bus with DMA transfers, and are instead moving all of their data through the CPU. This makes the system unresponsive (100% CPU usage) during network file transfers (10mB/sec over disk and LAN).

I have read about data corruption issues and conflicts using DMA and bus-mastering from when this Via 686B south bridge was new (2001). I'm wondering if maybe the latest Windows XP chipset driver is disabling DMA/PCI bus mastering by default, to avoid these issues. The original issue in 2001 involved the on-board IDE controller, and sound blaster live. Since I'm not using these, I'd like to try enabling PCI bus-mastering and DMA transfers for the Via 686B south bridge. But I don't know how to enable PCI bus mastering. Maybe there is a hidden registry setting?

Which operating system are all of you using? Do you see the CPU usage go to 100% when doing full speed network file transfers at 10mB/sec? I think the system would run even faster if PCI bus mastering were enabled. If Windows 7 enables PCI bus mastering I would upgrade.

Mike