Thread: How can I solve the RAM issue ASROCK G31M-S since it is not booting

How can I solve the RAM issue ASROCK G31M-S since it is not booting

I presently purchased a computer in ASRock G31M-S motherboard setup inside the cabinet. Then I try to connect the attack ram somewhere of 4 GB DDR2 800 RAM which is connected by myself manually. I installed the whole thing appropriately as to be mentioned in the manual guide and then after afterward I tried to boot up. I have verified the Timings as well as the Motherboard for Jumpers the bios setting but I cannot able to make the booting properly in my system. So I need a help from anybody who know about this problem so please reply me on this post. Help will be grateful.

Re: How can I solve the RAM issue ASROCK G31M-S since it is not booting

I don’t think so there is any problem with the Ram. If there is any problem with ram then you cannot even able to stat the system up to the boot menu. It will give you black screen and you will cannot able to perform properly. I think that you must check the boot sequence properly in your boot setting because if you try to boot with hard drive then it will not boot your cd or dvd whichever you are trying to boot to install the new operating system. So my suggestion is check your boot sequence properly in your boot menu.

Yeah my RAM don’t have any problem because at first time I trying to insert the RAM in different slot. Thusgh it is an DDR 2 RAM I trying to insert that in the DDR 3 slot so that why I thought there is the booting issue with the RAM after your recommendation I check out the setting in my computer. There I found that I have mismatched the plugging of the ram. So I replace it properly and then it is working fine for then. I also check out the boot sequence. There it is mentioned the sequence order of 1. Hard drive 2. DVD, 3. USB. There I come to know about this issue.

The authentic boot order is first DVD then second HDD then any other USB and yes there is a operating system installed on the Hard disk. But it will not at all even arrive to the screen reason the thing won't boot it will turn on you observe the fans rotating and the lights turned on and then that is all that happens. The motherboard is fresh and it performs with merely one ram stick. The system POST, if it doesn't boot. So I think that Start by fixing your memory problem. What memory component do you have and what are your present memory settings? Since you purchased overclocked memory, you require to set it up by hand as per the manufacturer's specification (timings as well as the voltage).