Thread: Power consumption in AMD Phenom X4

Power consumption in AMD Phenom X4

My friend is having the AMD Phenom X4 Black Edition 920 and according to him, the power consumption is excessive. So I thought to take some information about that processor. If anyone over there had faced same issue, then please tell me how you got rid of it.?? Also want to know that is there any issues with this edition? Otherwise, I would like to recommend him for another one. Please provide some information soon.

Re: Power consumption in AMD Phenom X4

I don't know why that is happening. The power of the new Phenom knows exactly impress. The performance rating has shown that the C & Q and C1E power saving modes have become socially acceptable, and almost no performance over eat. And they save electricity properly.

In Idle is the well-equipped test system just over 100 watts, which can be increased at full capacity with a Phenom to just over 200 watts. In order for the Phenom II is under full load with both Prime and the Idle (without C & Q + C1E) on average about 30 to a maximum of 42 watts (131 to 173) under the predecessor.

Under full load, this distance shrinks together on about 30 watts, so you have to say that the new Phenom is not a diet II detractors when it matters. This should however stress again that this is at 400 MHz is more the case, which in turn pushes the saving a bit more to the fore. Also crucial is that the Phenom X4 940 always with a voltage of 1.35 volts works, while the Phenom X4 9950 remains at 1.3 volts. What in terms of power the Phenom II can still be optimized.

A cross-platform comparison is however very difficult, too different, the underlying systems. Still, one can take the value at full capacity even with the Intel processors as extremes, with notice that our Intel test system nearly a Core 2 Quad Q9450 or the Q9550 no matter pulls out of the socket like a Phenom-II system. There is not only in performance nearly equal status, but also in the area of power consumption.