Thread: Intel core i5-760 having bad heatsink

Intel core i5-760 having bad heatsink

Just few months ago installed the brand new Intel 760 CPU, support core i7 processor. My machine is running under the platform of windows 7 pro. This CPU is includes HSF technology. The problem is, from few days I am looking that the CpU is getting very heated, the temperature is flows more than 30's. The cooler in the CPU is having a good contact, but by this the CPU is not getting cool. So now I am here to ask the user is there any other way to reduce the temperature of my CPU. Any information on this will be appreciated.

Re: Intel core i5-760 having bad heatsink

What is your default heatsink temperature of CPU, if the temperature that you mentioned in your post is more than that, i recommend you to reseat the heatsink from the CPU. I found this problem in many places that maximum numbers of processor are giving more heatsink than the default temperature. so as per that I would like to give you some of the tips regarding the heatsink. First of all make sure that the programs or the applications those are running in your machine, is occupying proper space to run that one. No other space is occupied in the processor, if there is no program running. Along with that if you are using your machine as a gaming machine. So configure that with good and specified quality of hardware devices.

I am not having so much idea or information regarding this issue, but one of them, the most important tool which is used to cool your CPU is the fan. If the fan is not a good or not the working perfectly then the heatsink problem would occurred in your CPU. But I think the decrease of approx 18c temperature is the perfect temperature of the CPU. And as per my knowledge, this can only be done by a good quality of cooler fan, which should be attached with the board. I suggest you to replace the fan which is attached with the CPU, might not be capable of doing the cooling process.

Is the high temperature that you mentioned in your post, is happen all time or this happen in a particular time with the particular program execution? Because of this happens the single time, then this might be happened for any program execution or while running any application in your machine. suppose if you was running a high definition game in your machine for a long time, then this will consume your memory space along with that it also occupy the CPU access, though there some other file those are collaborate with the gaming console. And for this, the CPU temperature is rising. So for that you need to make sure there is no other program running for that the problem is occurred in your machine. I suggest you to download Prime95, and run the application program, this will detect if there is anything like this happening in your machine, it will ask you to stop or to directly prevent that kind of process execution.

No need to go for another CPU or fan for cooling purpose, I think the thermal conductor is replaced from the CPU. For that you need to place a thermal conductor between the heratsink and the CPU. Because before few months I had the similar, this was caused for the thermal conductor of my CPU, it was change the place inside CPU. I was also worried that time, but after that I did a deep search on this issue and found this cause. So I recommend you to place a thermal conductor material between the heat sink and the CPU. As per my knowledge Arctic Silver is the goods material, it is known as the good heatsink protector. Go through this, will definitely help you to reduce the heatsink.