Thread: My intel core 2 quad q8400 is heating

My intel core 2 quad q8400 is heating

I have a query regarding Core 2 Quad, I had purchased a number of times the comprehensive PC HP Elite Desktop m9265, and it’s working with actually superior so for certain HP rocks, additional than currently I am not certain if the cooler is sufficient. I have comprised and upgraded my GFX card to GTX 470 and the majority of the time is cooler than CPU itself, I have knowledge by means of the intention of normally its additional way approximately. Do you imagine by means of the intention of to be nearly idle is ok to have regarding 60 - 65 degrees on processor. The GPU has a number of 57 - 60 is it ok in addition. If not for CPU, is there a number of actually superior cooler for LGA 775 which is additional than sufficient for cooling. (I am thinking regarding upgrade to top of the 775 line Xeon).

Re: My intel core 2 quad q8400 is heating

Were not those the C2D E7000/E8000 & Pentium Dual-Core E5000 slugs by means of the intention of Intel rebranded to Xeon by means of a crayola I had 0 tribulations by means of with the intention of system, so yes, it rocks, resolve your personal tribulations elsewhere I had 0 troubles by means of that computer, additional than then the entire in excess of again Jam(and assuming skipcox) is an AMD/ATi fan so I conjecture it's problematical for you. They tranquil have not gasped the distinction connecting a DDR FSB, and a QDR FSB, AMD people. If the whole thing is clean and the entire, then that as immediately the temp it determine to run at. OEM's approximating HP build machines by means of the intention of scarcely function with-in specs and approximately always utilize proprietary hardware too.

Why would you take for granted it is an ATI/AMD fan. For the reason by means of the intention of I utilize products commencing from together. I utilize products commencing Intel, nvidia, palm, etc. Does with the intention of create me a fan of Intel/nvidia too. Actually, I have a fan of the most excellent apparatus for the least money and no manufactured apparatus falls into by means of the intention of category no LGA775 Xeon falls into by means of the intention of category no Mac falls into by means of the intention of category I previously open it as my warranty ends in one month, I encompass returned commencing vacation and I am going to open as you say and clean the entire what I be able to. For the rest, I understand by means of the intention of jam approximating something, additional than there is no reason to position here if it's not relevant.

The CPU to be commence is a Core 2 Quad Q9500, which is clocked at 2.83 Ghz, extremely much similar to its siblings Q9500 and Q9505. The dissimilarity connecting the CPUs is by means of the intention of Q9550 characteristic a full 12MB L2 cache, whereas together Q9505 and Q9500 restrain 6MB L2 cache. The dissimilarity connecting the Q9500 and the Q9505 is by means of the intention of Q9505 sustains or maintains some extra characteristic such as Intel VT. The entire the Q95 CPUs encompass a TDP of 95W, and fit in the primeval LGA 775 socket. This is a rather unexpected innovative launch amidst the entire the Lynnfield Core i7/i5 excitement. One wonders if there were several obligations for such a CPU, and certainly, which product determine to it be competing in opposition to. Presentation wise, it determine to fall somewhere connecting the Phenom II X4 945 and the 955BE and this is moderately a narrow presentation gap to appeal to customers.

What I do not understand is how an 83 dollar Pentuim E6300 be able to sustain or maintain VT additional than yet a Q9500 by means of the intention of determine to run 100 dollars additional does not. Create no sense what so ever I have comprised a Dell XPS 420, by means of Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 working at 2.4GHz, I necessitate to overclock so I might run a game of excavation, additional than I not be able to seem to locate out how! I have comprised and seen direct on how to do it in the BIOS, additional than they the entire say, when in BIOS, hit DEL, when I do, not anything occurs. I do not be familiar by means of if this matters, other than I have overclocked my nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS. Well explain on me for misreading your position.

I found SetFSB, additional than I not be able to locate the clock generator, my motherboard does not have comprised a chip by means of it on it. Your motherboard has to encompass a clock generator, you immediately have not originate it. Regardless, you are wasting your time on a Dell. Immediately run the defaulting settings, max out the RAM & get a well-mannered gaming video card. It's your graphics card by means of the intention of is actually holding you back. You necessitate purchasing moreover at least a Geforce 9800 series or Radeon 4800 series if you are accurately going to game. You might overclock by means of the intention of processor to 4ghz additional than it is not going to assist you much when your graphics card is holding you back.