Thread: My intel q9650 2 core is overheating

My intel q9650 2 core is overheating

I am wondering why by means of the intention of core #0 does not shift (even though determine to go up when stress testing ) be supposed to I re-seat the Meglahalems. I searched this tribulations here on many forums additional than the search does not seem to run for me to work. In addition some 3DMark06 scores demonstrates the Q6600 @ 3.825 (my most excellent clock reached steady in prime 95, SCARRY volts although 1.425) by means of a higher cpu score than the Q9650 @ 3.6. Determine to be endeavor when I get home tonight, to fix the temp tribulations by means of a re-seat (utilizing OCZ thermal compound at present, might utilize my Prolimatech stuff which seems to be actually nice. Immediately would similar to a number of guidance previous to I proceed, there seems to be a TON of knowledgeable. I anticipate fixing by means of the intention of as well by utilizing ATI's driver as an alternative of the Asus one by means of the intention of it came with.

Re: My intel q9650 2 core is overheating

In addition would approximating to add by means of the intention of my ambient temperature seems to be approximately 22+C even though it feels hotter ( stationed in England so the whole thing is in Celcius. And my case is an Antec 1200 loaded by means of fans. Its additional then probable stuck on my 9650 its core 3 stuck at 39c it’s actually common commencing from what I have comprised read by means of 9650s. Seen a small number of position where they were complaining regarding two or three stuck cores and observe if I necessitate to apply TIM. ATM it's sitting at 72C idle did not go in excess of 81 in 3DMark test although.

You necessitate running Prime95 to test for steadiness. I am guessing by means of the intention of you determine to necessitate to increase the vcore. Stay beneath 1.45 volts by means of the intention of is the unconditional max by means of the intention of Intel recommends and maintain your core temps beneath 70 C. Ok, ran prime95 and no fails. Moreover I am lucky or not working with prime95 right. Max 100% on the entire 4 cores, ran for ~ 5 hours at the similar time as I was out of the house and max temp was 62C. When my innovative PSU comes in, I imagine push up the volts and go for a steady 4.2 on this! Imagine I immediately got lucky similar to my Q6600. Even though the first core is tranquil stuck at 40C and determine to not go lower, additional than it evens out at load. Seems even although the card has an unobstructed path commencing from my middle Antec 1200 fan, ( by means of the dust filter by means of the intention of is ) it requirements additional air to breathe.

Well, seems 4.3 (9x485) is as high as I be able to get this out without going in excess of 1.38 volts. Temps idle 40,37,37,38. (By means of the intention of first core by no means has gone beneath the 40 mark ) Any who, enormous CPU, actually likening its presentation paired by means of this 5870 (working with @ 980/1300 ). Do not be familiar by means of how to close this strand as "solved" so several moderators capable to do by means of the intention of for me, you have comprised one of the fastest prev gen processors there, the idle temps are a bit on top of my tastes, additional than the entire by means of the intention of matters is load temps which are quite extremely well, if you desire additional quiet operation you be able to go aftermarket for a pleasant 120mm heatpipe cooler, additional than other than by means of the intention of you are extremely well.

They are regarding right for the stock cooler, perhaps a tad high at idle. What is the temperature in the room. And what kind of load did you utilize to test it. Do you have comprised decent airflow going commencing from side to side your case. Moreover method by means of the temperatures you are receiving, the chip determines to last longer than you determine to desire it. Your ambient temps are a diminutive warm so your CPU is probable to run a diminutive warm as well, as you are utilizing the stock cooler. Create certain the heatsink is appropriately installed, sometimes those pesky pins do not fasten well. Lastly, a superior subsequent to market cooler for the q9650 would cost approximately dollar 30.00 USD commencing from and determine to absolutely solve your temperature tribulations.

I have comprised and utilized a small number of core temp monitors, and they the entire demonstrate me as having in excess of 100C on cores 2 and 3 (cores 3 and 4). They demonstrate those cores as reporting PROCHOT, and I am absolutely observing this. By means of thermal prot put out of action, the CPU determine to ramp up its multiplier, additional than tranquil observing throttling by means of a benchmark test. I have comprised and endeavor to reseat the HSF (stock) more than a few times, utilizing the horizontal line method recommended for thermal paste. I have encompassed and endeavor each obtainable BIOS. I try switching to Windows 7 32 bit, and the temp monitors demonstrated cores 1 and 2 (cores 2 and 3) overheating.