Thread: Windows 7 64 Bit: RAM using more memory space while computer is in idle mode

Windows 7 64 Bit: RAM using more memory space while computer is in idle mode

My dell machine which is compatible with windows 7 64-bit system architecture. The machine specifications are like 3GB RAM, 329 GB hard drive and Intel dual core processor. The problem is that the RAM is occupying more than the space which it allotted. While is tart the machine, it shows that is uses around 1.2 GB space but while the machine is in idle mode, no program is running over there, it takes more than what it takes while the machine starts first. Simply the number of the usage is creeps up. What is the actual cause fir that this problem occurs? Is there anyone having any information regarding this problem?

Re: Windows 7 64 Bit: RAM using more memory space while computer is in idle mode

As per my opinion this problem might be occurred for any malware or the spyware, which is attacked your machine. Because I also having the experience of this type of problem, in my machine the RAM is also takes more processing space while the machine is in idle mode, means there is not program running over there. So for this I suggest you to first run the Antimalware program in your machine; this will definitely detect the malware which affects the machine. For the additional security scan the whole machine with the updated Antivirus software application. This will help you if there is another issue except the malware. Go through this process,. I am sure this will definitely help you.

Re: Windows 7 64 Bit: RAM using more memory space while computer is in idle mode

Look for the programs those are running in the background of your machine. My younger sister was having the similar issue in her machine; she did a research about this problem. While there is no program running in the machine, the RAM is occupying more memory space. She was also thought that this is the general issue, and she decided to replace the RAM , because for that there some interruptions are made with the execution of other programs. But without replace the Ram she can solve the issue with a very simple process. One technical engineer suggests that there are some of the instances or temporary files are running in the background of the machine. By simply disable then you can able to solve these type of issue. So after that she enter into the process tab from there disable all unused process. I would also like to suggest you to go for this, hopefully it will help you. Along with that also remove all the programs those are not needed to run in your machine.

Similar issue in my machine, which is specified as 2GB RAM Along with that 320GB hard drive and a high definition NVIDIA graphical interface. I basically use this machine for the gaming purpose and sometimes for the watching movies and playing low definition games. But from few days I found a problem is that the machine is getting very slow, with the execution of any program. And this problem is increases day by day. So without looking for the solution for this problem I go for the problem for that it occurring, and found that this is the issue for RAM. This also takes more memory space while the machine is idle mode, and I think during the execution of any process this also takes more than the requirement. Is there any way to reduce the usage memory access by RAM? Any suggestion on this issue, will be appreciated greatly.

Yes as per my knowledge also, the defragment is an ultimate solution for this type of problem. try first by the drive defragment process, I think this will might be helped you to solve the issue. But if this process does not help you then I would like to suggest you to some of the tricks which will surely help you. first of all if there is any program running in your machine, close it and from the process tab under task manager close ant running process by the End processes option. You can also close any program from the application tab, but from there you need to close that on forcefully. Along with that change the start up programs which is set in you machine, because though the RAM is taking more space in your memory, then this will also create problem during the start up. Apply the startup changes and reboot the machine. Now I thing the problem will be vanishes.