Thread: Which one should i buy Phenom II X6 or AMD quad

Which one should i buy Phenom II X6 or AMD quad

Wanted to know whether the phenom II X6 is better than the AMD quads. Because as i have been using the intel pentium 4 processor i am looking forward to purchase a new Desktop computer which is installed with windows XP. Can anyone tell me which option is better for me. i am very much confused between the two technologies the Phenom II X6 and AMD quad please help me to get the best one for me.

Re: Which one should i buy Phenom II X6 or AMD quad

AMD Phenom II X6 will be a better option because 1090T has a 3.2 GHz clock and bring what they call Turbo implemented CORE. This is a technology similar to Intel's Turbo Boost, and can automatically configure itself to provide greater or lesser performing according to specific requirements of equipment and software. According to AMD, the 1090T can reach the 3.6 GHz Turbo through CORE. You could not ask for a better opportunity to put the Athlon brand on the front of the stage: the place, so the Athlon X4.

Since Intel launched its all new Core i5 and i7 socket 1156 on AMD suffers greater pressure than ever in the upper midrange and high end. It is certainly the Phenom processor particularly well designed, but it fails to beat members of the Nehalem line on the ground of price. However, AMD has mastered the art to best manage its production, so do not be surprised today to see the company launch quad-core sorting and devoid of any L3 cache.

In desktop processors with four cores, although only one second, but it will offer them the first time at a price below 300, respectively, even under 200 $. Whether the models Phenom worth X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2 GHz and the small offshoot 1055T 2.8 GHz compared to the previous quad-core models, we will examine in detail. We take a look at separately, of course, the new Turbo mode by AMD, which allows for applications that support fewer seeds, a speed boost of up to 500 MHz more clock.

Although the model 1090T was the pointer, the AMD Phenom II X6 1055T deserves special mention. CORE also provides Turbo, six cores, caches them and the same TDP. Change the frequency and Turbo mode limit. We speak of a processor at 2.8 GHz to 3.33 GHz Turbo up and of course for AM3. Its price is 190 $, a figure very interesting for those who want a CPU with a good performance at an attractive rate is not too expensive.The AMD Phenom II X6 are already among us, just the dates on which they are expected . We talked about microprocessor which is six-core, upper-middle-end and come to provide an extra performance to the family of AMD products to cope well with more powerful models of buses Intel Core i7 .

This new processor is not really new, although it has awarded two AMD codenames fresh "Propus" for the quad-core and "Rana" for the tri-core. It has essentially the same characteristics as the Phenom II, that is to say that this is an SOI (silicon on insulator) etched into 45 nm, composed of four cores with 512 KB of cache L2 each, and equipped with all the current extensions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4, Enhanced 3DNow!, the NX bit (AMD equivalent of Intel's XD), 64-bit, AMD-V (the made in extending virtualization AMD) and of course the Cool'n'Quiet automatically reduces the clock speed and voltage when the processor is not or hardly been tapped. The core itself is based on the Deneb and all Athlon II X3 and X4 operate smoothly on Socket AM2 + with DDR2 memory or socket AM3 with DDR3. In short, no doubt, these new processors are likely to show strong attractive for users needing to update a configuration a little old based on an AM2 motherboard, especially when we know they are proposed within 140 $.