Thread: How I can identify whether my Motherboard will able to run DDR5 or not

How I can identify whether my Motherboard will able to run DDR5 or not

I have to buy new DDR5 graphic card for better graphic looks. Just I wanted to know that is there any method available by which I can find out whether my system will be compatible with DDR5. Because I didn’t have any experience of using graphic card before this. My System has the following configuration. I have motherboard of DG41RQ INTEL, and I have Kingston 2GB DDR2 RAM, and CPU of Phenom II X4-910 (D) 2.7 GHz. So please help me in identifying about DDR5 and post me your suggestions.

Re: How I can identify whether my Motherboard will able to run DDR5 or not

DDR5 memory is used for a graphic card and the link for a graphic card is normally PCI express node and a fast Google of the motherboard explains that it has a single PCI express card. Yes it will run, for that you have to only place the graphic card into the opening it just you have to fit it into and plug in the power in the backside of the card. For more advice you have to tell that for what purpose it is intended to.

If the card is mean to execute on ATI Radeon HD 5750. DDR5 is the G PU memory kind and that’s why it will execute on your mobo without giving any trouble. Is that mobo PCIE express 16 2.0? If yes then surely it will compatible. For that you will require at least a descent value of 450walt of Power Supply from my point of view. It will run smoothly. And in case it is not PCIE express 16 2.0 it will not run.

I am also suffering from the similar issue. Please provide help me to in solving my issue it is little bit deferent. I have a motherboard ASROCK G31M-S and I am wising to buy a new Graphic Card and I would love to buy VC PALIT NVIDIA GF GTS450 1024MB DDR5! And I have a question whether it will suitable for my system or not. Please help me my old graphic card it not working any more.