Thread: Will adjusting FSB automatically affect motherboard

Will adjusting FSB automatically affect motherboard

I am having a MSI NF980-G65 Motherboard and AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz. I am currently made settings that FSB adjusts automatically as per the power supply needed by CPU. So the power demand by the CPU changes from the 20~watts to 100+ watts and then back down to 20~ watts. I am bit worried that does this controlling of power supply will hurt my motherboard or not. Though I am using Cool Master V6GT for cooling up my CPU's temp but still I don't want to put my motherboard in risk if there is any ?

Re: Will adjusting FSB automatically affect motherboard

Fundamental thing to know is that cpu-z gives you speed "real" your RAM, not that doubled the nomenclature DDR (double data rate). So when you say that your RAM is running at 533 MHz according to cpu-z, it is already running at 1066 MHz according to the official terminology DDR (yeah, it's mostly marketing, actually). In fact if you just want to change the speed of your RAM without touching the CPU, you have to play with so-called ratios. The FSB of your process is based 266 MHz. The RAM speed is calculated based on this ratio: it is what you see in your report, the 1:2 memory frequency so that, as you put your FSB at 400 MHz is 800 MHz. And as you have a DDR, we multiply by 2 for the frequency of the RAM, which gives your 1600 Mhz.

The problem is that apparently you want to overclock anything, it is necessary that you feints your FSB to 266 and that you choose a ratio of 1:3 (266 Mhz FSB and RAM 800). Because you not accurate sign of your motherboard, I can not tell you what setting should you modify in your BIOS, or how to value. It is usually a trick of style or system memory DRAM frequency increase or something like that. Another thing to note: your RAM looks to be scheduled to run at 1.9V at its maximum frequency (it's huge for DDR3), thought to change this setting in your BIOS as you get in trouble otherwise.

The FSB frequency : this device allows the configuration of the speed of FSB frequency systems. Available options include 100 MHz (200 MHz) 200 MHz (400 MHz). So the frequency is set by the jumper 25 (1-2) and the need to look into bios. You have to go to an Advanced Chipset Features and settle on 166.

For this model, the fsb is 667 and recommend 800Mhz. If you cherish above, it must overclock (AC is not too much on mobile) and in your case, it's just a story compatibility between the motherboard and processor, 3 important thing to watch:
    1. Socket
    2. Voltage arriving on the processor
    3. Bios (a change may affect compatibility)

In your search for max FSB on a laptop in the light of changing processor, and you shall take your head for nothing.