Thread: Issue with DX58SO not turing on when mic or headphone is plugged in

Issue with DX58SO not turing on when mic or headphone is plugged in

I have build my own PC and it was working very well up until at present. What occur is that I plugged in a Mic and a Headphone jack into the connections on the front board of my cabinet. This reasons the PC to turn off straight away. I have checked all the connections on the motherboard and they are all in the accurate position. I can see that the motherboard is receiving command as there is the green led light on the motherboard, but the PC will not turn on any longer so some suggestions are respected. On a separate note, when I improve to the most recent Bios a few months before, the Windows Hibernate form would not work any longer as in will not at all resume Windows, this only occur as a direct effect of upgrading the Bios, but as I say the more important thing at the moment is getting the PC to start up again. Or is there any mic or headphone problem that causes the pc to turn off.

Re: Issue with DX58SO not turing on when mic or headphone is plugged in

This does appear quite a odd behavior with the operating system. It could be the reason that a component on the motherboard has burnt. There is no problem with your power supply since the Led indicating the green color. This means that the motherboard is receiving power from the SMPS. If you has previously tested the system and examining all the connections and yet you cannot obtain the start up, then I believe there is no additional method that to rma the board...but at this phase i am not too certain, it can also be the machine’s cpu because the power led is green on the motherboard...if you can check it on a unlike system it will help you to get an thought whether it's the cpu or motherboard prior to going for an rma.

It may be somewhat short-circuiting the motherboard or may be the motherboard is previously short-circuited by the front panel connection. Beacuse the wire may conflicted among each other. Before trying to situate an RMA for the panel, I will advise you to follow these procedure:
    really, i think it is finest that you undertake your system out of the framework.
    Leave the arrangement for the system with minimum arrangement of the configuration. Only Motherboard+ CPU + RAM and Graphics Card should be used to minimum effects. Change the BIOS arrangement Jumper to repairs/Configuration form. Then try reboot the system. If it boots up, attempt to recover the bios setting again as a precaution.

I don’t think you have a problem with your mic or headphone since they work in all the system equally. I think that there is a problem with your panel where you connected the jacks of the headphones. So my suggestion is that check the panel properly where you have connected that headphone. According to post you written that the pc is not turning on when you plug in the head phones.