Thread: Compare Lynnfield and Bloomfield

Compare Lynnfield and Bloomfield

Currently I am not in the Intel loop; I have the basic idea about things that are good or bad. But currently I am facing difficulty in choosing between Lynnfield and Bloomfield. According to me the Lynnfield is having much valuable chip if compared to the model that is based on Bloomfield. I have done some research work for this but; I am not too much related to technical terms. So the explanation that is given is somewhat difficult for me to understand. I need answer to a simple thing that which will be better to have or which will be better to buy. For you information I am going to use this thing with 2 GTX 460s so it must be fully compatible with 2 GTX 460s. I will be waiting for your reply.

Re: Compare Lynnfield and Bloomfield

Lynnfield processors are processors for desktops midrange. These were launched in fall 2009, nearly a year after the Bloomfield processors. History of blurring little cards, some Lynnfield processors are branded i5, and other branded Core i7. Like Bloomfield, Lynnfield processors use Nehalem micro-architecture and are engraved with the same 45nm process. Physically, the Lynnfield CPUs do not resemble at all their consideration by high-end cons, since they are quite compatible with the LGA 1156, and are therefore much smaller. Besides the format, the two processor families differ in many ways. Lynnfield processors, usually less powerful, especially consume less energy (Bloomfield all have a thermal envelope of 130W, while those of Lynnfield range from 82 to 95W) and it have only two channels of DDR3 memory, which means that most systems will roll with a minimum of 4 GB to 6 GB as opposed to systems Bloomfield. Lynnfield is a less powerful version of Bloomfield, as some technologies have been improved, including turbo boost.

According to my knowledge Turbo Boost is a technology that can increase the tempo (speed) of a heart when other cores are not used. Thus, if the processor is a task that does not require all its heart, it can overclock it temporarily in demand. As a hockey player who puts all his attention in his slapshot! The Tubro Boost has been greatly improved with the Lynnfield CPUs. Thus, the Intel Core i7-870 clocked at 2.93 GHz, can increase its rate up to 3.46 GHz. Performance gains of Bloomfield processors were much more limited. All is not just improve, however, because the processors Lynnfield branded i5 is not having any kind of hyper-threading and it is therefore less good at tasks requiring the use of multiple cores. Into technical details (or at least more technical!), Note that the processor chip includes direct "Northbridge", which was previously a separate chip. I will not go deeper in there, because it will not affect any of the vast majority users.

I just want to share my experience. The computer that I built for this text comes with a Core i7-870, an excellent processor, over multiple processors on multiple facets, even though they are considered high end. Core i7-870 is a processor with four cores, which offers a rate of 2.93 GHz, 8 MB of "smart cache", 8 virtual cores (with hyper-threading), 2-Channel DDR3 133 MHz, 774 million transistors, a thermal envelope of 95W and supports the P55 chipset from Intel. With Turbo Boost, the Core i7-870 can reach a speed of 3.60 GHz when only a heart is used. When only one or two cores are used, it offers the same performance as the much more powerful and more expensive.

Here are small steps that can help you. Generally, keep the components from the ends and not by the connectors or important places: motherboards, memory modules and processors usually do not like your greasy fingers. The processor is yet incredibly simple to install. You open the socket, you remove the processor, you close the little door and you depress the lever. The processor can be inserted only one side because of the notches on the sides, so you cannot go wrong. Unless you're really twit and that installs the wrong course. It is almost alone! Cooler: a particularly difficult, because the automatic button to install coolers are generally difficult to engage. Remember to put some thermal paste on your processor and remember to install your fan in the right direction as well. Connect your wire from your fan in the places indicated in the manual for your motherboard. RAM: clearly the easiest step. See the guide for your motherboard to see which slot to use and simply insert your slides. Easy, but you may need to push a bit much. You'll probably need above all to screw screws intermediaries on which your card may be suspended (the card does not touch the rim of your box). These are supplied with your camera. Install your drives and DVD players in the spaces provided for this purpose (see the manual) and then connect the ATA to your catch. There are only a few cables to install, especially those connected to the front ports of your computer case. The USB, audio, eSATA is generally very well marked and easy to install on your motherboard. Install your graphics card in a PCIe slot available. Just press it into the appropriate slot. If a power supply unit was not supplied with your camera to your computer, just to screw yours in the section reserved for this purpose. In theory, it is very easy, but you can sometimes have space problems. Some are too long, and the son can take a lot of space. Arrange to none touches something important. Obviously, do not plug it into an electrical outlet immediately. You can now plug your various components of your power supply unit. Do not worry, if a wire plugs into your device is that it's good, you cannot go wrong. Connect the 20 pin ATX connection or 24 pins on your motherboard and the connection to power your CPU. Check the manual for your motherboard, but you should have no difficulty. Make sure no wires come into contact with an important part of your motherboard, your fans, etc.