Thread: Screen freezes after upgrading my RAM to 4x2GB

Screen freezes after upgrading my RAM to 4x2GB

I need your support to solve one of my queries. I have a GA-P55-UD4 mobo with F9 firmware. They work fine with the 2x2GB RAM, but recently have upgraded my RAM to 4x2GB. The problem starts from here. When I am performing some work on the laptop, then in between the work the screen freezes and only the reset button will help me out to bring the system back to the normal. Do you have suggestion for this particular problem, I need your support for the on this issue. Thanks.

Re: Screen freezes after upgrading my RAM to 4x2GB

I will like to ask you one question that what voltage is your ram rated to? If the voltage of your RAM is 1.65, then you will require setting the dram voltage to 1.66 in the bios. You also need to set the cpu voltage to normal, but setting it in the CPU voltage list. You also need to set the qpi/vtt voltage to 1.2v. So try out all this fixers which I have mentioned here. I hope that after trying this, you will definitely be able to solve your problem. Best of luck.

I have a nice solution for this problem. The same solution I had tried on my system when i was facing the freezing problem. I have tried to update the BIOS on my computer and after doing this fix my problem was being solved out, so you too can try this solution as it might your problem as well. If doing this fix does not solve your problem, then try to check the power supply unit on your machine i.e.whether it is working properly or not. If you have any success related with this problem, then reply me back.

I am facing the same problem from the day I have upgraded my RAM. I have tried to reinstall it again, but even after doing this fix I am facing the same problem. I have also already tried the solution of updating the BIOS in my computer, but even this is not solving the problem. I am really struck with this problem now and not understanding what to do with it. Should is downgrade to the previous Ram which I was using or is there any solution to solve this issue. Please do help. Thanks.